Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
When Harley get in trouble, he lays down on the floor and puts his head between his paws and woo-woos and talks back at you for getting him in trouble.

·
Registered
491 Posts
when Luther knows he is in trouble, he stuffs his head in the cushions of the couch.  Like he is hiding.. its a riot... I stand there and he pops his head out.  He sees me and sticks it back in.....I laugh my butt off every time...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh lordy..great stories!!

Savannah will walk in circles for 5 minutes before she lays down (i have timed her!!) if for any reason she is interrupted she will stop, give a look to whatever distracted her, and start circling again.

Reese...Well if she is outside going potty and sees something she will stay squatting and do this little squat/run all the while still pee'ing. She also never barks, but will attack the vaccuum and waterhose as if fending off the most viscious attacker...unless you push the vaccuum towards her then she runs to her kennel and keeps an eye on it!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Haven't had Cooper long enough to see any real quirks, but one thing he does that's funny is his stretching after he wakes up.  He'll walk about halfway down the hall doing what almost looks like lunges.  He'll hold one hind leg out straight back and stretch, take a step and stretch the other leg, probably does about 5 per leg when he's had an especially good nap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sonya circles in her bed at least three time before she lays days.  And her new thing is watching TV when we sit down to watch TV she walks right up to the television sits in the middle of the screen about 3 inches away and watches.  It's funny but I think the TV actually relaxes her.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If we're in public, when Gunnar goes to poop, he does his business then he starts kicking, sending dirt and grass flying.  I feel for any unfortunate sould within 10 feet of him in any direction, they're gonna get dirty.  Never understood exactly why he does this, and it's only if we're somewhere like the flea market??   Ginger, she lets you know when she wants your attention, she puts her paw on you, and she'll keep sticking it out till you stop whatever you're doing and give her your full attention.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Now that we've had Cooper for a while, we've found a pretty funny quirk of his.  Whenever my wife puts lotion on, it just completely makes Cooper ape!  He'll sit there and just bow down in front of her and bark like he does at the vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Patch is how he lays... on his back with his front legs straight up and his hind legs spread out and his head turned all the way next to his body..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaxon spins in circles.  Not chasing his tail (well sometimes! lol), but just spinning around and around like the kids do!  He's not graceful at anything so while he's spinning, he's also running into the sofa, Bayla, the boys, or anyone/anything in his way!..this of course does not stop him!  Now I'm sure that I think of Jaxon as many other boxer owners thinks of their babies...he's got an AMAZING personality!  This is one of many quirks, but it was the first one that came to mind.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My SO used to call every time he was on his way home from work.  Well, now Delilah goes to the door and looks for daddy every time my cell phone rings with his ring tone.
Delilah will also go into a room and close the door behind her- but then she can't get out and she starts pawing and banging the door to be let out!  She has done this in three different apartments once the bathroom, then spare bedrooms.  Its always the same room in the same apartment though.

Felix walks well on the leash, but when he gets excited he runs until he reaches the end of the leash, sits and waits for slack in the lead, and then runs to the end of it again, and sits until I catch up! I can't help but laugh every time because he looks so happy doing it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Since a couple of weeks ago, (since he has been able to reach our extra high kitchen table) he steals anything he can off of it..glasses, paper, a banana..anything and runs around the house with it.

Oh also...he loves to barrel into people and take them out at the knees..he left me in the mud earlier today...lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
Boxers are too funny!
Beckham does the circling thing before lying down, he has to circle about 20-30 times before he will lay down...god forbid if he thinks he didn't circle properly...starts all over!  
When he his the garage door going up when I get home (Tara told me) he runs from the front door to the door that leads into the garage...he has his little track.  
He also likes to play keep away with Izzie (new min-pin sister) he'll have the rope in his mouth and just raise his head so it's out of her reach, or he'll trot around the house taunting her.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
That is so funny, mine do the same thing!! - I always get home first in the evening so my husband calls when he is rounding the corner to our house every evening and somehow they know it is him and run to the window. They don't do this any other time but in the evening when he is coming home from work. They are so smart. Sampson always gives us a hug when we come in too. We come in and kneel down and he puts his paws on our shoulders and does this stretch thing - it is so cute.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Patch does that too. The whole bed turning thing, putting his paws on my shoulders and stretching out... they are so cool... one reason I will always have a boxer in the house from now on, lol

also, this something he doesnt do, he never licks us... thats odd for a boxer, right?!?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow...this was GREAT! I needed the laugh...all of these babies are SO much fun!  I am trying to think of what mine do...of course, there are tons of things, but now that you wanna know, my mind is BLANK! 8O LOL!

Let's see...Mic is not a vocal boy...he's our "Still waters run deep boy"...since Pua came home he has started using his voice more, but it is SO low you can barely tell(deep I mean...BIG deep voice) but, yesterday my hubby found the missing treat log(Natural Balance...like doggie salami!LOL!) that we bought and then lost while moving...he comes in and drops it at my feet...well, Mic saw this and he KNOWS what that is...so...while I am focused on the computer(photography website) I hear "Grrrrooowwwuuuuooo!!!"(exactly what it sounded like) and I look over and Mic is sitting by me with his eyes GLUED to the treat log!  I said "not right now" cause we just recently switched foods and he's been having enough troubles that I don't want to reintroduce anything else until we get it narrowed down...he gave me a dirty look walked over to the couch and SAT and STARED a hole in it for no less then 20 minutes!LOL! Kelly even tried distracting him and nothing would make him take his eyes off of it!LOL!  It's the first time he has EVER tried to talk to me about something...it was too funny!

Oh, and Mic is VERY protective of Pua...when she was first here he would carry her though the pet door and as she got bigger he'd hold the door open for her like a gentleman...and when other dogs over around, he watches and if he thinks they are getting to be too much, he gets between them and woo woos with his deep voice...let's em know to lay off! (Which Pua hates, cause she was having FUN!)LOL!

Indigo YAAAWWWWNNNS when he first gets up in the morning...he will pace in his crate until you open it and then when he's out he yawns several times, very loudly as if you just woke him up from a nap and he's letting you know he doensn't appreicate it!  Also, since we moved, anything new in the room will make him growl and bark and stand at attention...like, I bring in a basket of laundry and set it on the bed and he walks into the room and acts as if a stranger just walked in!LOL!  It's hilarious!

Miss Pua is TONS of fun...she will pick a good toy and play by herself for AGES...and NO toys must be in the toy box...she will drag them out even if she isn't going to play with them...they just can't be in the box!   The cutest though is when she and Indy are laying on the dog beds...she will get up and sort of straddle his neck with all four of her legs and lay her head on him and sleep!LOL! It's SO cute...it looks like she's hugging him...and he just sort of opens his eyes and once she's comfortable(which I haven't figured out, cause it sure doesn't LOOK comfortable!) he goes back to sleep...

I just LOVE them...they are SO much fun...they add joy to my life when nothing else can!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Those are all so great, some of them had me rolling and some of them I was thinking 'OMG, your dog does that too'. :lol:

Our dogs have a couple of quirks...

Kaci will paw at Milo when she wants to play, like a cat would paw a string. Milo will let her do it a couple of times before he runs after her and then they start playing.

Kaci has the same issue with her tounge, it seems like it's constatnly sticking out her mouth, but it's so cute!

Milo will only eat his food (which is in his kennel in our bedroom) if we're in the room. He also hates having his kennel closed if it's not latched closed, he'll run over and swing it open if I've closed it. On the door front, Milo doesn't like it when there is a closed door between you and him, if it's not closed all the way he'll nudge it with his nose and if you close it, he'll nudge it again...over and over and over.

Crazy dogs.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Great stories!!! :D

Henry likes to run off with shoes and dirty socks (which are in abundance because somebody doesn't know how to put them in a hamper!) :lol:
He hides them under the pool table.  If ever you're missing a shoe, check the pool table! :lol:

One time I was missing a slipper and couldn't find Henry (he didn't come when I called).  Go in the other room and there he is, under the pool table, with his chin on my slipper, sleeping! :lol:   Too cute! :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
I call Patch a 'hunter', he goes into our room and closet hunting for whatever her can carry out of there. Then he comes running down the hallway and leaps onto his bed to see if we are going to let him have whatever he found, I mean killed... lol

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ekim circles about 10 times before he will lie down, it doesn't matter if it is his bed, our bed, or the sofa, 10x around he goes. If for some reason he is interrupted he will start all over again, only this time he circles in the opposite direction. He also lets himself out to go to the bathroom, he rings the bell and if we don't open the door as quickley as he likes he pulls  the door open with the string from the bell. He also lies in my bay window like a cat, the second we pull out of the driveway we catch him in the window. He and Delila love to lie in one little ray of sun that comes in from my front window, even if it is a tiny ray flickering in from the window that is where you will find them sunning themselves. Ekim also can count, he only takes food from my hand if I say the words TAKE IT, he counts how many times I say these words. If I have 2 pieces of kibble and I say "Take It" 1 time he will only take one piece. If I have 3 pieces and I say "Take It, Take It", he only takes 2 . He  Actually counts how many times I say those words. He can play the shell game with me, I have 3 cups and I hide something under one cup and switch them around he paws the cup with the object when I say" Find It". Ekim will pick up his toys if I say "Clean your mess", he walks around and picks up the toys one at a time , for a treat, of course. When the toys are picked up and he gets his treat, he will go to the toy box, take out some more toys, nudge me ( as if to say look at the mess ) then he proceeds to pick up the toys and put them in the box for another treat. Now we haven't had Delila very long, but when it is meal time  or if she is hungry she goes and sits in her crate. She won't come out until Ekim goes over to his bowl and starts to eat, then she will come out of the crate sit in front of her bowl and wait until I say OK, then she will eat.   As soon as she wakes up and I let her out of the crate she grabs a toy, rings the bell to go out. When I open the door she runs around my pool a few times with the toy still in her mouth, then squat and go potty, then returns to the house. All this with the toy never out of her mouth. She is also learning the Take It counting trick, but so far she only keeps taking the treats. Oh Well, she is still little. Our boxers are amazing and so much fun.

Luann

21 - 40 of 41 Posts