Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I make a huffing noise and my male starts to "talk" then goes over to my fiancé and nibbles his ear or nose really fast lol. Every. Time. We don't know why

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kiah has to turn 2 to 3 times before she lays down; its so funny when she does it on the couch because when her feet slip down between the cushions, she has to start over. The other thing is the way she ponces on her toys, I just love watching it.
called The Boxer Bounce! it's part of the boxer high energy fun!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ekim circles about 10 times before he will lie down, it doesn't matter if it is his bed, our bed, or the sofa, 10x around he goes. If for some reason he is interrupted he will start all over again, only this time he circles in the opposite direction. He also lets himself out to go to the bathroom, he rings the bell and if we don't open the door as quickley as he likes he pulls the door open with the string from the bell. He also lies in my bay window like a cat, the second we pull out of the driveway we catch him in the window. He and Delila love to lie in one little ray of sun that comes in from my front window, even if it is a tiny ray flickering in from the window that is where you will find them sunning themselves. Ekim also can count, he only takes food from my hand if I say the words TAKE IT, he counts how many times I say these words. If I have 2 pieces of kibble and I say "Take It" 1 time he will only take one piece. If I have 3 pieces and I say "Take It, Take It", he only takes 2 . He Actually counts how many times I say those words. He can play the shell game with me, I have 3 cups and I hide something under one cup and switch them around he paws the cup with the object when I say" Find It". Ekim will pick up his toys if I say "Clean your mess", he walks around and picks up the toys one at a time , for a treat, of course. When the toys are picked up and he gets his treat, he will go to the toy box, take out some more toys, nudge me ( as if to say look at the mess ) then he proceeds to pick up the toys and put them in the box for another treat. Now we haven't had Delila very long, but when it is meal time or if she is hungry she goes and sits in her crate. She won't come out until Ekim goes over to his bowl and starts to eat, then she will come out of the crate sit in front of her bowl and wait until I say OK, then she will eat. As soon as she wakes up and I let her out of the crate she grabs a toy, rings the bell to go out. When I open the door she runs around my pool a few times with the toy still in her mouth, then squat and go potty, then returns to the house. All this with the toy never out of her mouth. She is also learning the Take It counting trick, but so far she only keeps taking the treats. Oh Well, she is still little. Our boxers are amazing and so much fun.

Luann
i want to play at your Boxer house! they sound so fun!!! and quite brilliant too! There's nothing like a boxer! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I JUST JOINED TODAY. I have Callie she is 3 1/2 months 20 pounds ..She graduated yesterday from puppy preschool..Now she will start her basics..
Can anyone tell me how to get her ears to lay flat, I was going to have them cropped everyone said No..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats on completing puppy school she's well on her way then. Some Boxers have thinner ear flaps so they tend to stand up or "fly away" as I have heard it called. They may lay down flatter as she gets older and the thickness increases but maybe not. You have to do the ear crop fairly early so they other problem is finding a Vet to do it a lot of them are not. I personally think they look better down. There was a discussion on here about taping fly away ears so they stand up you can look that up.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts