Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this ? Ringworm?

I noticed this spot on Porshas leg the other day. I doesn't seem to bother her at all, she lets me touch it and I haven't seen her licking at it. Its hard but doesn't feel like a ball its more flat. I dunno if she scrapped it on the ice or if its something worse??? We are going to the vet today to have it looked at.

Attached a pic for you guys to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do not think it is a scrap. Could it ringworms? I know they can lead to a re denned skin and hair loss on a patch. It's good to know that he doesn't seem to be in pain. I hope it can be figured out as soon as possible. Hoping it is not anything serious.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think it is a scrap. Could it ringworms? I know they can lead to a re denned skin and hair loss on a patch. It's good to know that he doesn't seem to be in pain. I hope it can be figured out as soon as possible. Hoping it is not anything serious.
Good idea! I didnt even think of that/ know dogs could get ring worm. Eww I hate that name. I just did some googling and i saw a few pics that did look very similar!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My vet doesn't think it is ringworm as it is very raised and fatty feeling. I cant remember the name he used but he basically said keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse to bring her back ASAP for a needle aspiration. I just noticed it so I am going to take pic everyday and see if it gets any better for 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed its not a MCT.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Possibly a histiocytoma? Bella had one of those several months back on her leg. If it is that and it's benign then I believe they typically go away on their own, our vet also gave us an ointment to use on it. Fingers crossed your girl has nothing serious!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Possibly a histiocytoma? Bella had one of those several months back on her leg. If it is that and it's benign then I believe they typically go away on their own, our vet also gave us an ointment to use on it. Fingers crossed your girl has nothing serious!
Yes it was histiocytom. I'm going to keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
oh reallly?? Not sure why he didn't do that!
Yep the black light is the only way to see ringworm. The spores glow. I had a persian cat that had ringworm. What a mess that was, gave her all kinds of meds, then as a final resort we had to do the dip in sulfur, I think twice. Ugh that smells awful. Thank goodness it was finally taken care of. She didn't loose her fur much just looked like black scaly dandruff flakes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
looks exactly like what Justice had.. it was not benign, have the vet aspirate it at the very least.. better safe than sorry.. i would hate so see anyone's fur baby go what he went through.. once i FINALLY got a vet to aspirate it, they found it was cancer, and he died within 4 days of finding it.. but it had been there for a few months doc insisted it was 'nothing'.. doc gave me the ointment to put on it.. told me to keep it clean blah blahh blahhh.. i would rather be overly cautious with stuff like this because of that..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks exactly like what Justice had.. it was not benign, have the vet aspirate it at the very least.. better safe than sorry.. i would hate so see anyone's fur baby go what he went through.. once i FINALLY got a vet to aspirate it, they found it was cancer, and he died within 4 days of finding it.. but it had been there for a few months doc insisted it was 'nothing'.. doc gave me the ointment to put on it.. told me to keep it clean blah blahh blahhh.. i would rather be overly cautious with stuff like this because of that..
Omg im so sorry for you loss thats horrible! Shes only had it for a few days if its not better in a week or so im taking her back to the Vet. I agree its better to be safe than sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts