Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I had mentioned Roxys breeding to a woman (i went to school with her daughters) and she said that her female was due August 20th!! 10 days before Roxys! So I of course was asking her tons of questions and she goes on to tell me that the pups will NOT be AKC registered they will be CKC(continental of course lol) So I ask her why because her girl is absolutely GORGEOUS!! She bought her from a breeder in Cali and just spent thousands of dollars to try and finish her in the show ring! Well that didnt happen when 2yrs came around so she went behind her breeders back and bred her! Now the breeder wont sign the AKC papers because she did this(they have a co-ownership agreement and she didnt fulfill her half) sooo she went and got her female CKC registered too!

Anyways shes selling these pups for like $800 and up and she emailed me wanting a female. Ok yeah so what she wants a female lol but she actually asked me if I would trade with her?!?!?! I was like noway! lol :roll:  She told me shes starting a kennel and breeding boxers and poms!! She wants another female to add to her breeding program!

I told her I was sorry and that I was not selling any of my pups for breeding they will all be going on spay/neuter contracts!!

Sorry if this post is all out of order lol I just needed to vent on another irresponsible breeder!

Lillyzmomma this is a PRIME example of what I was talking about!! When I said Id rather sell all my pups on limited registration AND spay/neuter contracts then show/breeding contracts for fear of people going behind my back and breeding the crap put of my pups!! Ill be damned if I ever let that happen!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... that is messed up! That woman is crazy!! To know all that and think that you'd give... trade... her a puppy... wow.... that woman is a very irresponsible breeder... byb... wow... I would see why you'd need to vent.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
:clap: Good for you Cindi...So basically, she gave up on finishing her bitch and now she's all bent out of shape cos she didn't honor the contract with the breeder? Lord have mercy..Some people...Now I have to say that Rhonda did that with another breeder, good person, her principles are the same as Rhonda's. That's where Angel came from! The other breeder ended up with a male who also had some issues to prevent him from finshing as well..But they both know what they are doing, which it sounded like this lady did, until she opened her mouth to the reason why she can't register with the AKC...

I firmly believe that the way you are planning on going about it is great and the right thing to do.. Less of a chance of unwanted litters....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck Willow if I have to I will take the whole litter to get spayed/neutered myself!!!!!!!! She seems kinda dumb if you ask me lol I mean so what if you have to keep your dog on the show circuit another year!! A dog doesnt HAVE to be bred as soon as she turns 2 years old! Everything about this woman just bothers me!! I know a few people that dont breed their first litter until 3 or 4 years! She seems like all she wants is the money and Ill be damned if Im any part of that! I mean who here thinks thats an outrageous price for a CKC registered pup?!?!? I do. Im not even going to ask that much for mine lol All I want to do id find good homes! On top of all that she also doesnt think she has to do all the health checks because she was a Vet Tech and (these are her exact words) "knows her stuff"!!  :evil:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hmmm... This makes me scratch my head.. WTH is wrong with this woman?! If I had a show quality ANYTHING and I was showing, please believe I'd finish!! And ohhh goodness.. She wants to trade? I'd tell her to drop dead! gaahhh.. I'm a mean person...  :roll: If someone had HALF the nerve to ask me that, I'd look at them with a dead serious face and wait a few seconds, then bust out laughing, like OKKAAYYY!!! You wish! Soo.. all in all  :crazy:

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL Seriously!! If I was you, I would have been like  :chatterbox: .. and then after I had enough I would have been like HEY!  :signbye: ..

I'm loving these emoticons!!!!  :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i am a good breeder im going to get mine spayed so she cant have nay puppies i  think its the smartedt thing i would ever do for her and for one thing i dont have papers on glaicer either so im going to get it done when shes 6 months old  :D  :D  :D  :D  woot for me and my baby.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That is crazy. I would have done the same thing you did and said. You are difinitely right and good decision on your part.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Cindi, yea she does sound like she's got a few screws loose and is in it for the money. It is not cheap to finish a dog..Rhonda kinda touched on that when I saw her last. She generally has 2 out on the circuit that she is finishing with a pro handler. You got to figure that is a ton of $, so I kinda think she got tired of the cost. But I'm with you, I would want to finish my baby, if for nothing else to have that on the resume! No, it is not written that as soon as they turn 2 , omg, we have to breed! Good lord....I mean, you can register almost anything with the AKC, but to me it still holds more weight than CKC...I tell ya, I would have had a hole in my tongue from biting it to keep from telling her what I really thought!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts