Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's new years resoultions are.mine is to quit smoking,i actually started a little early. :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
sumyasmom\";p=\"62084 said:
just thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's new years resoultions are.mine is to quit smoking,i actually started a little early. :D
How is that going for you? My resolution is to try to be less depreesed as I know my mom wouldn't want me to be so sad. I need to be more upbeat for not only myself but for my family also.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I usually make a few and hope to at least keep one lol. this year i have promised to learn to drive which i am scheduling my learners permit test in january. Next, i am going to save enough to go to my conference in cali and 3rd one is to finish writing my thesis on time this year..cant extend it any longer! I am hoping that this year i do learn to drive since i made this resolution last year and didnt keep it.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lulu\";p=\"62108 said:
[quote="sumyasmom\";p=\"62084":8gbw801a]just thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's new years resoultions are.mine is to quit smoking,i actually started a little early. :D
How is that going for you? My resolution is to try to be less depreesed as I know my mom wouldn't want me to be so sad. I need to be more upbeat for not only myself but for my family also.[/quote:8gbw801a]

it is going good.  although i don't think i have chewed so much gum in my whole life! i know it is so hard for you with your mom being gone and i think that is a good resolution to be more happy, but don't be happy just because your mom would want you too, be happy because you want to be happy. allow your self as much time as you need to feel the pain and greive her loss.she is not physically with you but she will always be in your heart and your memories of her will be with you always. i know it will get better for you hon,and i am always here if you need an ear!

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am so proud of you and your quitting smoking, I know that you have an angel watching over you and helping you.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I could stand to loose about 15 pounds.  I think the way I would like to do that is to learn to belly dance! :D

I always wanted to belly dance when I was a little girl, but mom said it was vulgar and bad.  But hey, I'm 33 now!  And by gum, I wanna belly dance! :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Great resolutions you guys...This is the first year I can remember that I haven't made one, hoping that's a good thing, cos the last few years I kept resolving the following year would be better and it didn't happen....So maybe by not making a resolution, things will be better? Is that warped or what?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't know, I guess I should probably resolve to be a better friend.  Since I got the puppy, I basically never go out and hang out. Pretty sure at least 2 of my friends are pissed.  They don't really understand what it's like to have a puppy though.  I've gravitated toward my friends who have dogs so I can bring mine!  But I need to make more of an effort to hang out with everybody.  Oggie is spoiled enough with all the time he spends with me    :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
OMG, I have been the same way with Delila, I was bad when we first got Ekim, It took me about two years before I actually went out for an entire evening with friends, now they are all complaining that they won't see me for another two years. Puppy = Commitment.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh I notice we definitely tailor our activities around the dogs...We may go somewhere, but the whole time, we keep saying "we need to go, so we can check on the dogs", or "can we bring the dogs?" Amazing the way they change our lives

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mine's probably to try and get pregnant - at least after my next op at the end of february. I'm 34 now and it seems the longer i leave the whole 'having kids' thing the more daunted i get 8O . Thing is i don't mind not having kids but i feel if i don't have at least one i'll regret it..... :? And i'm the only chance my parents will have of getting Grandchildren. Then again i'd hate to be a single Mother and my husbands a lot older than me......I could write 'for & against' lists all day long :roll:

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you wait until everything is perfect to have children, you'll never have them.  We have an almost 3 year old son and hopefully will get pregnant with our second soon!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote="48Dodge\";p=\"62351":3l40tzf9]If you wait until everything is perfect to have children, you'll never have them.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
There will never be a "right time" for children!! no one would have any if so :D I feel blessed that i have my daughter, but i think one is gooe enough for me :D

My resolution is the same as last year..i want to lose just a bit of weight...yay yay...thats EVERYONES goal...almost :lol: but this time i am determined to start not only eating healthier but start working out as well. I was going through old pictures looking at both my mom and grandmother at what they were like at my age...and where they are now...i hit home. I love my family...dont get me wrong, but once they had their men, and family they never really recovered....and i dont want that to be me. God that sounds kinda mean, but i really dont mean it that way!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts