Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are trying to make sure we have everything for Stella before she comes home this thursday. What about a placemat. I really want something absorbant. Any ideas? LL Bean has a waterhog mat for about $30.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I don't use one.  There is always a 20 foot line of dribble from the water bowl to the living room and a mat under the bowls would do no good.

G

·
0 Posts
haha...   i'm with you dan.   i have a little mat under her bowl but its useless.   after she drinks there is water up the wall in front of her bowl...   then all over the kitchen...    all over her face...    then ends up on me    :roll:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha! THat is what I was afraid of.

Kelli- That pup on the right is what mine is gonna look like in a few months.

G

·
0 Posts
I can't wait to see her!  Have you posted pics yet and I missed them?  

My little Bear is going to be a big Bear I'm afraid  :p

There isn't a whole lot you can do about the water dribbles.  Unless you wipe their mouth after they get done.  Haha.  The most frustrating thing is in the morning when I am getting ready to leave for work they want to love on me and put their faces on my work pants.  GAH!   haha.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We don't use a placemat... we also think it's pointless. His is up on a stand and maybe that's why he doesn't get a bunch of water everywhere? AND THE FOOD... well if it falls on the floor he just licks it up anyway!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I too use a bath mat under Lette's bowls...it is easy to throw in the washer...and there is also water and dog food all over the floor after she eats, but she is worth cleaning up after.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My sister bought me this awesome for Christmas. It's extra large, but stil doesn't catch all the dribbles :) Life with a Boxer

This is what it looks like

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've got a clear plastic one with etched doggy prints on it, and I've also got her bowls up on a stand so the water splashing isn't as bad, but sometimes she likes to take some of her kibble out of the bowl and eat a few pieces off the floor, or even bring some over at my feet and show me :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts