Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like my post last night said, Eddie bit my 4 year old. Grrr. So what kind of things should I be looking for and or asking for from the Vet. Thanks for all your great knowledge :wink:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I remember thyroid, because that can change behavior.  Not sure if there is lyme disease in Hawaii but that would be another one.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have ticks, so by that logic we have Lyme disease too? Not sure. I know I have gotten a couple of ticks off of him after hikes we have taken.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
No there is no rabies and no lyme disease here in hawaii...

Rebecca what was the setting for the issue? could be ALOT of factors..esp since ive seen Eddie in person(dog) lol and hes become so tolerant of so many things..

i guess i could just go and find your post instead of asking huh hahaha

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely a thyroid panel..Need to rule out medical first...How's your daughter Rebecca? Hope it didn't scare her badly

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My daughter is fine. She even gave Eddie a hug this morning and seems to have easily moved past the incident. Oh, to be a child, or a dog for that matter, and not hold onto junk. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I would just tell the vet whats been going on and that you want to rule out anything medical. They would know what kind of work to order to test for possible conditions affecting his behaviour. I think Sharon will be back sometime today she might  be able to better tell you exactly what to ask for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts