Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I love my shed blade for shedding.  the blade gets the loose hairs out and the dogs LOVE the massage.  That works for me, but they still shed.  I think esp now since they are going from winter to summer coats:)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also love my shed blade....I use it when I give them a bath too and Cassie LOVES it.....I also have a furminator and like that alot....shedding has cut down alot since I have started doing the raw eggs too..... I know they are looking for the "cure" of shedding :)  I told one lady today with a terrier blowing its coat that she could consider a Hairless Crested....hahaha...but I probably need some alternatives then to suggest a hairless dog...hahaha

The bottom line is most people dont want to take the time to brush....I will be the first to admit the "No Shed" products you buy at the vet do not work worth a flip and although they help a little....I dont try and sell them....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am a nerd and when I do my hair in the am, I say "Pretty" and they both come running and I do brush them with my brush. I think they like the feel or massage they get.  I like it because it distributes oils in the skin and gets rid of excess fur.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson just loves that shed blade, course he just likes the pampering I think :) He's blowing out his winter coat real bad and I have been a bit remiss in my brushing efforts lately, too caught up in puppy stuff...Bad Mommy :) i think you are right tho Sharon, some people just really don't want to be bothered with very basic care for their pets...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I use a rubber grooming mit on Duke, and he loves it.  Since I wear it like a mitten, it's easy to use and to wash.  Is the shedding blade like one I used to use on my horses?  I don't think Duke has enough hair for that.  He's very short haired and thin-skinned.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I use the shed blade on Kiah and Keegan then use a brush to finish.  Kiah sheds way more than Keegan but they both just sit there loving it.  I try to use it 3 - 4 times a week now but in the winter only brush once a week which seems to keep it under control.

G

·
0 Posts
Our dogs stay in the kitchen when we aren't home.  One day we were unlaoding groceries and the front door was open and so sunlight was signing in.  I saw DOG HAIR ON THE COUNTER!  I about flipped.  So I have been a LOT more active with the brushing and keeping counters constantly wiped off.

We have a brush, not sure what kind it is though.  Wish they had a miracle cure for the shedding

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we got the zoom and groom brush...i have been contemplating getting the shed blade though. The zoom and groom just doesnt seem to work to well on our gang. I do love it at bath time though... i use it and it really gets the soap all soapy and a more deep clean :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i literally just gave jessie something for shedding that i got from 1800 pet meds...

i'll let you know if it works

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
[quote="sharonL\";p=\"128548":scbpdfhh][quote="Georgiapeach\";p=\"128455":scbpdfhh]

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JessiesMom\";p=\"128562 said:
i literally just gave jessie something for shedding that i got from 1800 pet meds...
i'll let you know if it works

Let us know how it works!

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"128821 said:
[quote="samsonsaunt\";p=\"128565":2c5xu9sp][quote/] I also have a furminator...[quote/]

Cute name, Sharon :lol:

Yeah I know....but it works :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was using a curry brush and it didnt seems to work well enough, so I just went a bought the FurBuster...off brand Furminator--same concept.  I can say right now that the curry brush gets waaay more fur up and away from the skin, buuut the FurBuster seems to work well at getting the dead skin too.  Both work well, but the curry brush is the way to go if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A quality diet helps a great deal. :)  Fish body oil works the same as the raw eggs.  Regular 'brushing' with a rubber curry comb (or my preference, a Zoom Groom) will keep too much dead hair from accumulating, which means less shedding.  For season-change shedding, you may need to brush daily; I use a stripping knife but that's not something I recommend for everyone (you need to be taught to use it correctly, as you can damage the skin).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts