Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a small one that Harleigh is going to outgrow here pretty soon. What size do you have or should I get? Either Large or XL? Is Large enough? Harleigh probably won't get to be huge. She seems a little on the smaller side.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Michelle\";p=\"90927 said:
I have a very large one, but there is a divider that can be moved as they get bigger.
i have the same type of crate.mine is a lifestages ,i think it is an extra large size. i like the crate and sumya likes it too.some of them have two doors, one on the side and one on the end , but mine only has one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have just a large for Prada & she's content with it. I try to keep the den idea in my head. It's not supposed to be spacious... just big enough for them to stand up & turn around in... den-like. :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
PradazPurdy\";p=\"90938 said:
I have just a large for Prada & she's content with it. I try to keep the den idea in my head. It's not supposed to be spacious... just big enough for them to stand up & turn around in... den-like. :)

sounds like my bathroom.  /sigh

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: LMAO....my bathroom too!

Thanks! I was wanting to maybe find a used one so I don't need to spend money on a brand new one. Is there anything wrong with buying a used dog crate?

·
Registered
696 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"90939 said:
[quote="PradazPurdy\";p=\"90938":fzrskk3q]I have just a large for Prada & she's content with it. I try to keep the den idea in my head. It's not supposed to be spacious... just big enough for them to stand up & turn around in... den-like. :)

sounds like my bathroom.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Michelle\";p=\"90927 said:
I have a very large one, but there is a divider that can be moved as they get bigger.

I have this same kind..............It is the XL with a divider that moves

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just bought a new one and it didn't say M-L-XL it said "up to 70lbs".  I set it up when I got home and it's noticeably smaller than my old one.  I like the bigger one better but that's just because I feel like the more room they have the better.

Fortunetly Lola will probably only be 55-58lbs full grown so if/when Lenny gets bigger than Lola he can have the bigger crate.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone!   Someone has a 6 month old crate that the dimensions are the same as Maples. It's on craigslist for $30. Thought that was a good deal for a fairly new one.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As I am starting to shop for crates as well, I have been debating on what size to get...I've seen Flick's Momma & his Daddy is a tall rangy guy as well, so I'm leaning towards an extra large, with divider.I like the extra large we already have that Angel uses, I want her to have space & be comfy...We had even debated about allowing Angel to be uncrated, but quickly nixxed that idea, still not completely trusting her :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I bought it tonight. They said they had their 70 pound German Shepard in it so I was convinced that it would do well for Harleigh. If later down the road she needs the next size up, we will upgrade. But since she needs a larger one now and the funds aren't there for a new one, I thought this will at least hold us over. It has 2 doors and has a divider. Not sure if we will need the divider....but who knows until we try it out. I noticed today that when Harleigh is in sitting position in her current crate the top of her head touches the top and that can't be comfortable.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm sure Harleigh will be quite comfy in her new crate right through adult stage, the crate I have is 3'deep 30'' tall and 2' wide and worked great for my last boxer and is also working great for Gaby as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts