Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
We have gone through 3 crates so far. The first he simply grew out of and the 2nd and the 3rd he chewed out of!
We are trying so hard to crate train him but I dont want to buy another crate unless it is one of those wire ones. I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas about an affordable crate that he is not gonna grow out of in a month. By now it would have been cheaper to replace all the carpet and pad in his bedroom. LOL
Petey's Mom

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I probably am not going to be much help as the crate that I have is the type that you use when having to ship your dogs. I bought it simply cos Samson broke out if the wire crate!..You are better off getting the largest size. I believe that a lot of them have dividers, so you can section it off until they need the space. I did a quick search of my catalogs and here's a site you might try. I have ordered from them and they are a good company.
http://www.carealotpets.com/

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We use an XL wire one that I found at walmart for like $65  (give or take $1). All the other XL wire crates I found were like... $120 at the least! It even comes with a divider so that you can make it bigger as your baby grows. I looked on the website but couldn't find it. I'd check out all of your local Wal-Marts. It's not a cheaop (quality wise) crate... it's VERY NICE and easy to setup. Good LUCK!

·
Registered
270 Posts
We have the metal crates.....we just got one that was way to big for Chloe.  She can stand up in it, lay down...spread out, and can have her favorite toy and blanket in it.  We bought bigger size bc I didn't want to be buying crate after crate....bc like kids, they grow like weeds!  Also, the metal is great bc Chloe can NOT chew her way out of it!....and oh, my younger son loves to play in it!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got Mia a larg at Walmart.. It was like $60.. The wire ones and of the same quality as the ones at petco and stuff (I actually like the Walmart one better! LOL)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts