Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for all those Boxer owners who have a full grown Boxer.  I'm trying to find out how many inches long your Boxer's collar is.  I realize all Boxers varry in size, but I was wondering if maybe there's any size that stands out.  The breeder told me Blaize would probably get to 70 pounds.  I'm asking because I'm wanting to purchase an expensive collar, but one that he can wear as a full grown dog.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i am not sure what size my gangs is...i personally went with the cheaper collars til they stopped growing. I can check when i get home and see what the different sizes are though

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Maddies has a 20" neck and she is 65 pounds.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Delilah is 80lbs and wears a 21-22" collar.
IF its pricey, you might want to wait until he is about a year old to buy one- he might get a thicker neck after that too.
;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah - both of mine are in the 20-23" range. But as g00dgirl said, it would be best to wait until at least 2 years old before you purchase an expensive collar. You never know w/our pups... they certainly never cease to amaze me. *hehe*

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I really wouldn't invest in an expensive collar now, unless you just have to have it...I think with Buck I went thru 4 collars before he was full grown....Samson is 22", Angel is very petite, 15". Flick well he is wearing a tiny collar right now

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is 17" and Keegan is almost 18"  I think the cheap collars I get are 17' to 22".

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Max's collar is 22" but it's loose and on the tightest hole. I could have gone smaller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts