Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to buy new toys.  Dont know what size or color to get in the Kong for Bella.  What size do you guys get?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I got Fiona the large red one....She loves it when I stuff it with Peanut Butter. (Fill with P-Butter and put in the freezer for a while)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got one of those Balls, a large one. I put in little pieces of treats, doesn't work like I thought. He's not all that interested in it, I guess b/c they won't come out like he likes.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the kong because I want to get Jessie one but I couldnt find the right one at petco. I found the one were u can put a bone it in like it has the shape of the bone.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we have the large red one and a smaller red ball. i dont like the ball at all and neither do the girls but the other if i stuff it with pb than they fight over it :) it becomes a game of hide and seek for the girls :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
we have the small & medium sized ones for betty. she likes to carry around the small one and chew on it, and then we put pb in the medium one for her.  freezing the pb is a great idea though!  we're gonna have to give that a try.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"28701 said:
we have the large red one and a smaller red ball. i dont like the ball at all and neither do the girls but the other if i stuff it with pb than they fight over it :) it becomes a game of hide and seek for the girls :)
We have the large one too and the red ball.  Kiah loves the red ball when we play fetch in the basement (it bounces everywhere) but doesn't play with it upstairs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i might try pb and freezing it. does it get messy after it "melts"?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for the picture we might have to get Jessie one also. We never new there was bones inside though stupid us  :rofl:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Debo, I've never had an issue with PB (I don't freeze it) making a mess because it's a paste rather than liquid.  Melting yoghurt, however, is a different story altogether!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
No.  I haven't frozen any of mine yet so Ringer gets the pb at room temp and it doesn't get everywhere.  Though, I guess it would last longer if frozen.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Right, when I give them the pb at room temperature, it's all over in a matter of minutes (Sophie's a little slower).  Frozen gives them more time to enjoy working at getting it out.  The yogurt is definitely a not on the carpet activity.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ha..duly noted. i will have to try the pb, i'm sure he'll go crazy over it!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Daisy has a large and an extra large red kong. I fill mine with natural yoghurt and maybe some sea jerky or broken up biscuits, then I freeze them.
It can get a little messy, especially when Daisy throws the kong with her mouth at the floor to try and knock out the last remaning bits inside!
Kongs really are great toys.

Heather

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
debo\";p=\"28708 said:
i might try pb and freezing it. does it get messy after it "melts"?
Mine does not....Fiona sits and licks on it until she cleans it out... When she is done there is no trace of the PB left.

·
Registered
149 Posts
very good to know! :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Mine finish what is in theirs before it melts... :lol: Especially if I really stuff it good

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm not sure how old Bella is but now Kong makes puppy kongs in pink and blue.  They also have the assorted shapes.  I bought Jaxon a medium size puppy Kong and fill it with the puppy treat stuff from kong that comes in a can.  I bought Bayla a medium sized red kong and fill it with the liver flavored treat in a can.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I don't know what it is but Chloe was never interested in a kong..no matter what I put in it. I started with the puppy kong..then bought the medium and even the large one but nope Ms Witch wants nothing to do with it. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts