Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you the kennel your dogs or have a kennel what size do you have? We have two kennels, one is larger than the other. Reese has been kept in the smaller kennel since she has been small, but she is growing so much that her head has about 1-2 inches from the top of the kennel. Obviously she is about to outgrow this kennel :). Savannah though is done growing and when she stands up she still has about 1 1/2 inches from the top of the kennel. Now not to sound cheap but if savannah would be fine in that kennel, can i just switch which girl goes in which kennel? i dont remember the deminsions of the smaller kennel but i can get them tonight. I guess i am really asking is 1 1/2 in (when standing inside) enough head room, or should i go ahead and buy a bigger kennel and put the smaller kennel in storage?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Im not to sure of the size we have but its a pretty big one. We started Jessie off in a big one and she is still in the same one and loves it. Jessie has room but not a whole love if she were to stretch right out, but she dont. I think u might be fine but not to sure if I could see it it might be better. I hope I help in some way

·
Registered
221 Posts
I originally bought the 36Lx23Wx25H & ended up taking it back and getting the 48Lx30Wx32H. Merlin was having to duck his head to get in & it didn't seem too easy for him to turn around - and he was only 8 months old!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've been told that as long as the dog has enough room to turn around and sit up, then the kennel should work just fine.  Of course I could be completely wrong :)
Beckham has 2 kennels, one downstairs for while we're gone during the day and that is a Large kennel.  He's probably too tall for it, but we wouldn't have room for a bigger one down there.  His upstairs kennel (in our room) is a XL - Stages with a divider.  Now this one is ENORMOUS, but Beckham has use of about 95% of it and seems to enjoy the extra stretching space.
It's a major eyesore in the room, but it's not like lots of people are in the bedroom :D  
We got both of our kennels off of Craigslist, so the Large one I paid $15 for and the XL one I think I paid $90 for it.  Petco sells XL ones for well over $100.
Not sure if that's any help, but that's what we do and it seems to work  8)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Both Roxy and Astro have the Midwest Life Stages Double Door 1600DD series that comes with a divider panel.  They have the 36"L, 24"W, 27"H crates.  I think Astro is growing out of it though, so I might get him the next size up (42"L, 28"W, 31"H), and give Jersey his crate.  The Midwest homepage actually recommends the 42"L for a Boxer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts