Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are parcial to pedigree Jumbones, Pegigree gravy bones, Purina Twists and our local supermarket also do mini deli dog sausages. Oh and they like Bonio biscuits too :lol:

They do have loads of others too but the ones above are the main contenders :lol:

I did try and make some once but came out wrong and they never ate them. . . . :lol:  . . .and they eat anything, says alot of my cooking :lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ours are partial to Mother Nature treats, and Paul Newman's brand (can't remember the name off hand, and heavens forbid we're out right now  :wink: ) But NOTHING will ever replace the  power of cheese in our house!!! They'll eat any kind but are very partial to just plain old sandwich slices. They will do ALMOST anything for cheese, pleeeeze :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Shauns dads girlfriend has been getting us liver treats for jessie and she absolutely loves them... she wont take any other treats now

G

·
0 Posts
homemade treats for my babies.  i posted my liver treat recipe in the nutrition forum (i think)

sometimes i give them frozen yogurt for a snack at night.  i put it in a shallow pasta bowl and smear some peanut butter lightly around the rim.  thor and vetty share the same bowl - snackies time!

i dried bananas and apples in the dehydrator thinking they didn't like the texture of raw ones, but they just roll them around in their mouths and spit them out.

why do boxers TAKE the treat > spit it out > and then take another bite?  like something is going to change!!  lol

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Max will do anything for Honey Nut Cheerios! When he sees the little bowl in my hand he starts going through the commands he has learned! It's too cute. Now I have to figure out how to get him not to anticipate!

I like the Cheerios because they are so small that he eats them quickly. He also gets an ocassional bite of chicken.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I always know when a treat is a big hit with Sadie...she takes it in her mouth and runs away with it, settles on the carpet and chews it up slowly LOL if it's just a mediocre treat she'll just chomp it on the spot. So her "run away and eat" treats are made by a lady in town (oats, peanut butter etc..) she just loves em'! They smell good enough for me to eat! She also loves peanut butter...in a frozen apple especially.

And of course...bully sticks...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
None, except Nylabones; kibble only

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadiesmomma\";p=\"122521 said:
I always know when a treat is a big hit with Sadie...she takes it in her mouth and runs away with it, settles on the carpet and chews it up slowly LOL if it's just a mediocre treat she'll just chomp it on the spot. So her "run away and eat" treats are made by a lady in town (oats, peanut butter etc..) she just loves em'! They smell good enough for me to eat! She also loves peanut butter...in a frozen apple especially.

PB in a frozen apple. . . . 8O   sounds cool, how do i do that. Zulu looooves pb, specially in his kong :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hmmm..we have tried alot of diff ones...Isis is picky and not much impresses her but CHEESE she will trip out for lol

Onyx is easy he's super food motivated...any treat il do lol

i did make doggie biscotti and they LOVED IT...have to make more of them

:roll: i use totinos pizza rolls for the dogs classes hahaa last time Theresa said what in the world do you have in your hand..:D Shamrock thought he'd died and gone to heaven hahahahaha

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
zulu\";p=\"122527 said:
[quote="Sadiesmomma\";p=\"122521":2pwb38t1]I always know when a treat is a big hit with Sadie...she takes it in her mouth and runs away with it, settles on the carpet and chews it up slowly LOL if it's just a mediocre treat she'll just chomp it on the spot. So her "run away and eat" treats are made by a lady in town (oats, peanut butter etc..) she just loves em'! They smell good enough for me to eat! She also loves peanut butter...in a frozen apple especially.

PB in a frozen apple. . . . 8O   sounds cool, how do i do that. Zulu looooves pb, specially in his kong :lol:[/quote:2pwb38t1]

You core the apple and fill it with PB...then simply freeze and serve! Someone on the forum posted the idea here a few months back! It's brilliant she LOOOOVes it!!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadiesmomma\";p=\"122534 said:
[quote="zulu\";p=\"122527":3fxhb2lp][quote="Sadiesmomma\";p=\"122521":3fxhb2lp]I always know when a treat is a big hit with Sadie...she takes it in her mouth and runs away with it, settles on the carpet and chews it up slowly LOL if it's just a mediocre treat she'll just chomp it on the spot. So her "run away and eat" treats are made by a lady in town (oats, peanut butter etc..) she just loves em'! They smell good enough for me to eat! She also loves peanut butter...in a frozen apple especially.

PB in a frozen apple. . . . 8O

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We use Zuke's All Natural for training treats.  He is also cheese crazy! :lol:   We also buy freez-dried duck fillets.  Henry loves the duck!!! :D   Old Mother Hubbard for biscuits, we call them cookies. :wink:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Elyse liked treats she got at the vets..they are called Nutrisentials Lean treats by Butler..also give her frozen apple slices and frozen carrots..she loves those.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I also have wanted to ask about peanut butter..how much should be given and is there a particular kind that is best for them?

·
Registered
602 Posts
As for the Peanut butter question I usually give creamy PB becuase thats what I like and what I have in the house... and I usally just fill up the kong when I add a banana with the PB. But if its just PB i am giving them I usally just put maybe 3 Knife fulls in the Kong.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ollie is food motivated...
Here's what's on his turnstile at the moment
Freeze dried Liver snaps, Zukes, and Omega Salmon treats for training ...

For cookies, he likes the Old Mother Hubbard Peanut Butter biscuits.

He likes his Kong stuffed with PB, dry kibble and apples and or bananas ....

soooo spoiled

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
oh wow so bananas are also a good treat for them?..I always want to make sure i don't give her something that could hurt her or make her have trouble going potty..thanks for all the ideas.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Old Mother Hubbard treats must be a boxer hit! My pups LOVE them. All I have to say is "who want's a cookie" and I have dogs chasing me down...and if we run out and I try to give them something else they look at me like I have lost my mind. Gotta love spoiled rotten pups!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
AzSun2006\";p=\"122772 said:
I also have wanted to ask about peanut butter..how much should be given and is there a particular kind that is best for them?
We use Natural peanut butter (less preservatives) either crunchy or smooth whatever we have...she's not fussy  :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts