Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!  So my Peanut is still new to the family and I am noticing that he is pretty much a stink bomb!  I knew that one of the joys of having a boxer was their flatulence... but WOW!  My 3-year old daughter told him he couldn't come play in her room with her if he was gonna fart! LOL.  So my question is... could it be his food? I am just finishing off what was given to me with him and if changing it would help I am all for change.  What does everyone reccommend? Thanks!  :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
read chloe and the cable guy. Kidding aside.  I feed purina one (lamb and rice). Boxers are gonna fart but keep feeding healthy food and they won't stink and they will be healthy

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I recommend checking out www.dogfoodanalysis.com  There is a lot of great info on that site and it can help you to make an informed decision about which dog food you choose.  Also, there is an area that has already reviewed many brands and you can see how they rated them.  It'd shoot for at least a 4 star food.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I also feed purina one large adult breed mixed with purina one lamb and rice.  some times they also get white or brown rice just to make sure they are eating each day, this is because Attila lets daphne eat before he does.  I also suggest looking at the dogfood analysis that is linked in previous post.  Just make sure when switching foods to do it slowly so you have a less of a chance of them having diareha.

·
Registered
427 Posts
We are in the process of switching from Pedigree to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul. They seem to like it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, there should be someting in the breed standard warning people of the awful gas... :) The dog food analysis is a good place to start as far as rating your food, BUT, keep this in mind, just like us humans, Boxers all react differently to food....If everyone of us fed the same thing, you would see such a varity of responses you would swear that we didn't all feed the same thing...My point is, you may have to try a few different foods before you find what works, but in the meantime, add a teaspoon of plain, non fat yogurt daily and that should help a lot....Just a funny story for you, When we brought Angel home last year, her breeder was feeding Diamond and Angel had the godawfullest gas, I mean clear the room, gas mask time.....omg it was awful, changed her slowly to Nutro which is what I was feeding Samson at the time and it got much better :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks eveyone!  I learned alot from that site & I'm glad to know being stinky just comes naturally to Peanut... LOL!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Gotta agree with what's been posted above.  I've tried alot of foods since my boy Charlie has a sensitive stomach.  Both mine still rip em quite a bit!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I order my dog food from life's abundance. Me and my "Kids" like it. I have had a lot of good results with it. it has no preservatives and no wheat Gluten in it.. only the good stuff. no by products..I can post the like if you would like.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Putting the yogurt in the food; was that meant to help the gas problem, cause since I started feeding tyson Diamond puppy food he has horrible gas!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i feed tanker purnia one mixed with beneful... and he loves it. he been eating this for over a month now.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
tankermomma, is there a reason your mixing the Purina One with Beneful?  I'm going by what is on the dog food analysis website, Purina is a fairly good food, Beneful scored like a 17 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Duke eats Royal Canin Boxer and doesn't have gas (thank God!).  However, he snores loud enough to wake the dead!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts