Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever its worth I know a few people here use RC Boxer 26 and many that are on Canidae really stick by it. Recently I wrote to RC and asked them about the concerns everyone voices like the corn and high protien content.  Here was there response. I felt it was very good service which took them less than a day to respond.

"Thank you for contacting Royal Canin.  We are delighted to hear of your interest in Royal Canin.  In regards to your question, food provides three sources of energy: fat, carbohydrates and protein.  We choose the optimal levels of fat in our diet based on the needs of the breed.  Also fat is a nutrient that includes oil such as Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.  Fat also improves the palatability of the food, making it more acceptable for your pet.  In regards to your question concerning corn, we use corn gluton meal in some of our products.  Corn gluton meal means that the protein itself is extracted from the grain.  We use corn gluton meal in some of our diets because it is highly digestible.  Also it serves as an excellent source of amino acids.  It is rich in amino acids methionine and cystine.  In regards to the Boxer 26 it does not contain corn gluton meal.  The Boxer is a highly energetic dog that is always on the move requiring a diet that supports its active lifestyle.  In the Boxer 26 there is, L-Carnitine, a higher energy content and controlled protein levels to help burn fat and build and maintain lean muscle mass.

If you need further assistance please contact our toll free number at, 1-800-592-6687.  We look forward in hearing from you in the future and wish you and your pet the very best.

Best regards
Kate

Royal Canin USA, Inc"

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: Whatever it's worth RC response to corn and high fat :i

Wow, thats awesome that they replied so quickly.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

I love when they say corn is a protein.  ha ha ha.  If they are using it as a protein source then what do they really consider protein??? ha a ha

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

As I said, For whatever its worth  :D  However, she did say, Corn gluton meal means that the protein itself is extracted from the grain." As far as how that process is done is beyond me.......

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

No, I totally agree.  It good that companies do respond to feedback:)   Euk did with me when they came out with the boxer breed specific forumula.  I was very glad that RC decided not to use corn in its new Boxer 26 line.   Makes the food much improved!!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Lucas and Tiffany really like RC  :thumbup:

·
Registered
537 Posts

Wow, thank you for very much for posting this. My girl is using the RC Maxi Babydog right now and she loves it. We planned on moving her to the Boxer formula when that time comes. But I think she needs to be 15-18 months before doing so. Anyone know what to feed them between Babydog and the Boxer formula?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

They've changed their formula, apparently; the Boxer 26 used to have corn in it - they've replaced it with "oats" now.  I wouldn't consider 26% protein to be high, though; that's a moderate level (for a kibble) to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts