Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I feel like there is a new thread exactly like this every time I turn around. All pups are different, comparing doesn't really do you any good. Now if you put up a picture and asked if your pup looked under weight then we could actually give an opinion. And not all vets understand want a lean dog is, they personally would like to have a heftier dog so they tell you they need to gain weight. Boxers are not hefty dogs.
I agree.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im a little concerned about our new puppy, she's 15 weeks and only weights 12.6 lbs!
We feed her twice a day, 1 cup morning 1 cup evening w/ training treats during the day.
She sometimes won't eat all the food so it ends up coming out to around 1 1/2 cups a day.

She's gained 4 lbs since we got her at 12 weeks, so she's growing..... just very slowly.

She also got her last set of shots the week before (including booster) so she's up to date on that.
The vet told me girls grow a little slower then males, but she's just so small i dk anymore.

Is she going to be a real small boxer or will she eventually catch up?
Just being a worry wart

·
Registered
661 Posts
Marrowdeath what type of food are you feeding your girl? You should consider splitting her meals into 3-4 meals a day. Her stomach may not be able to handle 1 cup at a time.. at 8 weeks old our male was 10.8 lbs. He could only handle 3/4 cup at one time. Any time I gave him 1 cup he either didn't finish it or he would finish it all and his next feeding he would only eat 1/2 cup. He would get 2 1/4 cup of taste of the wild pacific stream puppy 3 times a day at that time..puppy tummies are tiny. she may very well be a smaller boxer. But boxers both male and female vary so much in growth that there's no telling. She could have a growth spurt and be average size.. only time will tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Baze is 52lb week 21 and we feed him raw food, 5% of his current weight
I agree with some that posted you can not compare weight as each puppy is different
If the ribs are really showing is under weight
My 7.5 years old boxer Cabo is 98lb of muscle not sure if Baze will be the same but it is ok
It is about how healty they are not how much they weight

·
Registered
6 Posts
My female was the runt of the litter. Breeder said she would be around 50 - 55lbs. She is almost 2 years old and weighs 70 lbs. Never a vet bill for anything other than her shots as required.

Healthy, happy and gleaming white teeth. I feed her and my new 10 week old male RAW DIET!! I will never go back to kibble.

My friend has a female and is always at the vet because her pup gets red infections on her belly and ear infections. I advised her go switch to RAW and see what happens. You spend more on food but less on vet bills. In my opinion.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts