Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Pet Boutique in town the other day and the girl there had a fit over our Stella. She said she has a knowledge bump on her head. What's that mean?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I never knew what it was either until we got Brodi but I believe his breeder called it the occiput? (sp?) we never really seen chloe's smart bump but Brodi's we do.

A boney section of the skull located at the back of the topskull. Also known as an Occipital Protuberance. This bone, during puberty, or if not situated properly in an adult, creates an unattractive bump (or protuberance) in the shape of the headpiece. Situated properly, it creates a slight dome to the skull.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Knowledge bump is a lingo term for the bump on the top of the crown of the dogs head.  Mostly seen on puppies who have 'Egg Head".  As the dog gets older the muscles fill in I belive and the cone becomes less apparent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HannaBanana\";p=\"98939 said:
As the dog gets older the muscles fill in I belive and the cone becomes less apparent.
She is growing really fast too. I suppose I should post new pics. She's 10wks and about 13lbs

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well I like to think of it as Oscar's peanut brain!  I imagine it bouncing around wildly.   :crazyeye:   There is nothing in Oscar's knowledge bump except how to lick his butt and bite his sister!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I love the little cone heads.  I remember when we got Rocky, Kris (my bf) said "What's wrong with his head?"  He's never had a boxer before so it was all new to him!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
[quote="JettaAndOscar\";p=\"98962":34p25tra]Well I like to think of it as Oscar's peanut brain!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Phoenix had a little pointy head when we first got her (it was worse when I first met her at 6 weeks though!)...I thought she looked a little funny but she was too cute with her little conehead!
It's nice and flat now though!

·
Registered
522 Posts
My breeder told me,that you want that on a puppy.That's how they should look .She looks for puppies like that to show.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Got to love those little conheads  :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
When we got Penny her bump was so big my husband used to call it her antena (like a Jetta or BMW's new fin like antena) It is not as pronounced anymore. I will try and find some of her puppy pics and post them.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Samson still has his egg head :) i am ok with that though cause i LOVE it :) Reese and Savvy have lost their bumps.... :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts