Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
Are they tearing apart a rabbit? Eek.
My girl met my neighbor's rabbit, but they only sniffed each other. I prefer that behavior. View attachment 137538
Yeah, I don't understand this post? My Stru specialized in "Bunny Chasing!" But she was always at a 3 sec disadvantage! I'd have to see if the "Bunny Broke" towards the Highway or the mountains? If the "Bunny" broke towards the "Hwy," it was "NO!" But it they broke towards the "Mountains?" It was "Game On!"

She chased dozens over the years, and never caught one! But it was a fair chase for the bunny's .... "Open Desert," not a "Bunny trapped in my backyard?" t'

If a dog will kill a "Bunny?" Then it will kill a stray cat? I would guess? I don't know? My dog's never had issues with stray cats coming into our yard? Or on walk's ... on walks my dog's never saw cat's (although I did!.)

But that is my "Standard," others are free to do as they see fit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up above is the victor of the wild rabbit lunch, Chip it was fair-play the rabbit had two acre's to excape. This was Remy my [email protected] And for anybody who is Upset C'est la vie, she would never eat my neighbors pet rabbit or any other pet. With out permission .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you have this group confused with people who don't give a sh%$ about animals. If an individual is gonna take time out of their day to reply to other pet owners; its due to their high desire to help, share knowledge and LOVE for animals. Your post goes against all that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you have this group confused with people who don't give a sh%$ about animals. If an individual is gonna take time out of their day to reply to other pet owners; its due to their high desire to help, share knowledge and LOVE for animals. Your post goes against all that.
You're a total a/h I've been in Boxers for 35 years or more. The Boxers eating their lunch have 35 Champions behind them you couldnt't sinff a fart from them. Your just a woke controlled individual imo , I could help you with any questions about your boxers at anytime. My intention was to liven up the forum. Open your mind feel free to message me anytime.

·
Administrator
7,227 Posts
Well this post has run its course. My guys have high prey drive… that bunny would have never stood a chance. Our breed typically has a high prey drive, if it runs, it gets chased and sometimes caught. It’s natural canine behaviour.

If You don’t like the post, scroll on by.
What a nice free meal for the pups Joe!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
This is a to each his own type of situation everyone gets to train thier dogs however they wish. This is something I would never allow my dogs to do as I cherish and enjoy the wildlife around me, my dogs and I walk daily in the woods or at a 300 acre farm we see all kinds of wildlife my dogs are off leash and yes they get excited when something like a rabbit or deer take off but they don’t engage I don’t allow it I feel like training them not to jump on people or do anything else that is not acceptable like biting pulling on the leash or engaging in fighting with other dogs that are challenging them it’s all in the same box. I feed my dogs good quality food they want for nothing in this life and I feel like that’s a fair exchange for ignoring thier baser doggie impulses. Plus where I live the rabbits come with a side of ringworm! And to be clear my house is a very WOKE free zone

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Don't take such things so personally. When you don't like it scroll on by. We are a great group here, lots of us being members for a long time. We get we all have different personalities and likes and dislikes. All my dogs will chase a rabbit, while I don't personally condone it cause rabbits here aren't the healthiest but its nature and our dogs are dogs. I must say the post did wake the group up, we need that. Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Open minds could work in both directions here. Calling someone "woke controlled" just because you disagree with them is the same thing as calling someone "Michael Vick" because you don't like their post. Instead of name calling and disrespecting each other, maybe we could all treat each other as equals and focus on what we have in common.

Many people I love are woke, and many people I love are anti-woke - and both groups just celebrated Thanksgiving together. Many people find rabbit hunting completely natural, others find it distasteful. But we're all far more complex than one opinion.

I would hate to see this board devolve into politicized, tribal name-calling like so many other places on the internet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.