Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a question for everyone....

How did you boxer(s) get their name(s)?

Phoenix got her name once night when we were watching a movie. We wanted something unique but with a little strength because she was the runt
of her litter. We heard the name Phoenix (was the name of a military jet in a movie) and it kinda stuck.
[Phoenix is the greek mythological bird of fire - representing immortaility, strength and invincibility.]

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta got her name because i wanted her name to be something German related since they are german dogs...but...I don't like German names much...And then my sister came up with Jetta...like the VW Jetta and it seemed to fit...

Bo came with his name

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jake our choc. lab got his name from that one country song...if I die before I wake feed Jake, he's been a good dog, my best friend right through it all....  Lucy our cat got her name from Lucy in Sky with Diamonds.  And Samson well Samson's name came from the bible, my husband wanted a strong name for a strong dog, I told him he didn't have the hair for a name like that... lol and wanted to name him Moses.  Well as you can tell I lost.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dixie - Named after my favorite country group Dixie Chicks
Logan - comic book character
Jinx - comic book character

·
Registered
942 Posts
Milo was named when we got him at 3 months and I didn't feel right changing his name.

Kaci is named after Kasey Kahne the NASCAR driver. :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Tinkerbelle Got her name from the fact that she was such a tiny puppy, and was the runt of the litter, it was going to be peanut, but Tinky just stuck, as you can tell, shes not so small anymore!

Maddy got named by my mom, i really don't remember what other names there were, i was way more involved with Stinky's naming

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ekim is named because my son and my husband are named Mike, Ekim is Mike spelled backwards. Delila got her name because her dad is named Samson.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gaby got her name because she is very gaby....she likes to bark when she wants something, and I also wanted a nice french name for her as all her commands are in french.

Meaning of the name Gaby (Gabrielle) = Strength of God

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Maverick got his name after going through about 50 or more names..i even ran a pole and wanted to call him deacon but my OH hated that name..i cant remember the stupid names he had chosen..in the end i was like Ace? and he said no let's call him Maverick (this was after he was home) I liked the sound of it but in my culture a name should have a known meaning and a good meaning..not just a name...i looked it up and it was an independant thinker..i liked that it was strong so it stuck...my cat is named Baron and my bf offered up the name because i wanted something that sounded royal but not king or prince...i considered duke but it didnt fit.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i wanted to name sumya after a female boxer since she is a female boxer. so i goolgled "female boxers" and saw a female boxing champion named sumya anani. i loved the name i tough it was very unique. so that is how she got her name. crazy name for a crazy dog! lol!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hailee was named after my Niece the most precious baby girl in the world

·
Registered
610 Posts
Koa's full name is Kekoa - Hawaiian for "the strong/the courageous".  He was the only male in the litter... he must be pretty strong and courageous to grow up with 8 sisters and mom.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
When we got Savannah her name was Mandy...I didnt like it and she didnt even answer to it so iwatched her movements for a few days and got Savannah. We live in Texas and she acted just like a little southern belle...so Savannah stuck.

Reese got her name b/c of her coloring. My daughter thought the dark brindle with the fawn she looked like a Reeses Peanut Butter cup...sooooo her AKC name is Reeses Pieces :D

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
God named my dog.  Seriously!  My Rocky just died three weeks before we got Henry.  My hubby stopped by an animal shelter in another town, with my son!  Called me up and said he found the perfect dog.  I said oh no you didn't!  He said just come see.  So I'm crying and praying the whole three  hour trip!  I finally had it out with God.  I told  him I didn't want this dog, but if that was what he wanted for our family, then I guess I had to deal with it.  I told him he was going to have to change my heart.  Then I got this picture in my head of a little red puppy with a blue leash and the name Henry.  I said Henry?!?!?  What kind of name is that for a dog?!?!?
Anyhow, I get there and there is my son with a little red puppy with a blue leash.  Great!  Now we're getting a puppy and naming him Henry!  Filled out the papers and went home.  Went back and got him the next day.
Thank you, God.  Henry has been a real blessing. :D

sorry for the ramble!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My previous boxer got the name Buster because he looked like the Buster Brown shoe pup to my hubby so he named him. Maddie got her name because when we rescued her, she came with the name Matilda. Did not like that at all! So....my daughter actually started calling her Maddie and she responded great to it and it just stuck!  
The next dog that comes along, I am naming!  :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Preston came with Preston I added the rest to make it sound fancy...Calisto Eudor..

Brutus well.,.. When he was a pup we brought him next door where my uncle lived and he said "that boy looks tough like a Brutus... so Brutus it was.. as for the secone name Leviticus.. it sound cool with Brutus and is Biblical like we wanted.

and Peggy Sue.. she is actually Pegasus Suzana Which after Hercules my wafe wantewd to get a dog and name it Pegasus since I guess hercules horse was name pegasus.... DUnno and Suzana again is Biblical... Peggy Sue is shorter and much cuter....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck was named by my ex, he liked short names  :lol: aka Visions of Timbuktu
Tia Maria, I named her that at the rescue, seemed to fit her
Samson was already named and it definitely fit him
Angel was also named aka Donje's I'm just a Country Angel

Working on a name for the next addition already :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Merlin got his name from the foster mom - when she picked him up from the dog pound, he came out of the cage whirlin' - thus his name - Whirlin' Merlin!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I had gone on a website a long time before I decided to rescue when I was thinking of gettin a puppy and saw the name Kiah liked it.  So a year or so later I kind of remembered it and looked it up again because Kiah's name was Molly; knew a Molly that was very loud and annoying so that had to change.   Kiah is Austrailian Aboriginal for "from a beautiful place".

1 - 20 of 51 Posts