Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harleigh is 4 months and it just seems that all her stools are on the softer side. At first I shrugged it off as thats how puppys poop. But now I am not so sure. Who wants to talk poop with me?  :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lenny has had good stools and he is 17 weeks old.  Lola had good stools at the same age except when we went to Merricks.  I don't know if it was a little too rich for her or what but we tried 2-3 small bags of Merricks and she was soft/gooie the entire month or 6 weeks.

Lenny came eating Pro Plan and right now he's eating 50/50 mix of Pro Plan large breed puppy and Chicken Soup with good stools.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I am unsure of what is considered a "good stool" or a loose stool. It's far from being diahrea (sp?)...but it's not hard like normal dog poop. I feel totally clueless honestly.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Tango is 9 weeks and has poop that is "soft" ... so in other words, I can pick it up with a paper towel, but if I pick it up the wrong way, it will squish into the carpet!!  It's hard to describe!  It's not like if he went outside in the snow and I left it for a minute and it hardened....but it's not runny either.  It sounds like they poop the same!   :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, thats how hers is. It's loose enough that it smears if I pick it up wrong. She is completly potty trained so I pick her poop up everytime we go outside with poop bags and everytime I pick it up it's quite squishy. I hate this subject but I gotta know if it's right. Right now she is 75/25 RC Babydog and RC Puppydog for large breeds. Her poop hasn't changed since we started the gradual switch, but I was hioping it would have gotten a little harder.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ashley is about the same, maybe a touch on the harder side. I can easily pick it up with a papertowel if needed ( ie: the poop on the back seat of the car incident  :roll: ) I think at our pups ages its best that they have the semi-soft stools, as that IMO would mean they are getting enough fluids. Just so its formed, and not diahrea, I think we are ok. Ashley is on Iams large breed puppy, and seems to do well ( as you can tell by her weight ) on it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it's formed yet soft. So that is good to know that Ashley is about where Harleigh is. Thanks for checking in and talking poop with me guys  :wink:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Maples is the exact same ans she is also 4 months, I was also wondering if it's goign to harden, I will switch her to Canidae when the food she is currently (Nutro Ultra) runs out but I'm not suer if it's food related or not.  it's soft like you said but not at all runny and formed lol, this subject is fun!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gaby's poop used to be kinda soft but formed like you say at the age of 4 months...now at 7 months her stools look nice and firm for the most part...I've got her on the Wellness just for puppy....the odd time it is kinda soft, but I think shes just trying to force out a couple terds and they really havent had a chance to firm up inside her yet.....

You should post some pics of her poop so we can all see and compare  :lol:  :rofl:

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta has had firm, fully formed, normal regular, unsoft stool since we got her...even when she had tapeworm and roundworms....she has had loose poop 2 times in the nearly 6 months we've had her.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote="GabysDaddy\";p=\"92527":3gwh3cha]Gaby's poop used to be kinda soft but formed like you say at the age of 4 months...now at 7 months her stools look nice and firm for the most part...I've got her on the Wellness just for puppy....the odd time it is kinda soft, but I think shes just trying to force out a couple terds and they really havent had a chance to firm up inside her yet.....

You should post some pics of her poop so we can all see and compare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts