Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the best age to switch Willow over to adult food is? She's only 8 months (next Friday)...is it a year or a year and a half that I should switch it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I don't know really but our vet had us switch at 5 months. He didn't want] him growing fast, felt the adult food would allow him slower growth. Our trainer also agreed with this philosophy he told us (he is a breeder of catahoulas) that he doesn't even use puppy formulas with any of his pups. But officially I don't know.the right answer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feed her Acana if that helps.
My boyfriend feeds Acana to 2 of our pups. The other two are on Taste of the Wild. I'm almost positive Acana doesn't have a puppy formula. Or not that I've seen. However typically you would switch them to adult food around 1 year old.

Also, my boyfriend just saw on their website that you can interchange the flavors easily to make sure the dogs don't get bored of the same food all the time (for Acana only).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feed her Acana if that helps.
My boyfriend feeds Acana to 2 of our pups. The other two are on Taste of the Wild. I'm almost positive Acana doesn't have a puppy formula. Or not that I've seen. However typically you would switch them to adult food around 1 year old.

Also, my boyfriend just saw on their website that you can interchange the flavors easily to make sure the dogs don't get bored of the same food all the time (for Acana only).
Not sure where you're located, but apparently Acana in Canada is different than in the States. They most definitely have a puppy formula in Canada (says puppy right on the bag). But anyway we feed her adult Acana now anyway (she's almost 2 now).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any good grain free food that is an all stages food, meaning it can be fed as a puppy and through the life of the dog. Even better is a high quality raw diet. When we get our puppy in September he is already going to be on a raw diet (breeder starts them all on raw as soon as the puppies are weaned) so he’ll get the same exact food as the other three dogs we have now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
how did y'all get your pup to convert to a raw food diet? im afraid my pup might not be able to handle the raw tfood intake. not to mention the smell of the poop which wil ldefintiely change with the diet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts