Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my baby girl is still a baby, but for future referance when should i switch from puppy food to adult food? right now im feeding her Eukanuba Puppy for the large breed.. and when its time im going to switch to Royal Canin for the Boxer.. but when do i do the switch?? and is eukanuba a good brand or should i be feeding her the puppy version of Royal Canin??

Thx in advance for the info :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have started feeding Loki Blue Buffalo Evoluntionary Blend (it is a shiny blue bag with a wolf on the front, you can find it at PetsMart that I know off) for all ages. I just started feeding him this Saturday and I mixed it with his can food one time and after that I have just started giving him dry and he is eating it up. He loves this stuff.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I started the switch at 11 months.  Any switch should be done slowly!  We took a month to make the switch.

Eukanuba is not the best because it has corn in it.  You want a food that doesn't have corn or meat by-products.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would try and find something with no corn in it. A lot of dogs have probs with it...As for breed specific foods, those really aren't anything special, you are better off going with an allstages food which you can start feeding now if you want...Here's a link to a Sticky topic that gives a recomended list of foods to feed, there is also another topic in the food section about grading your dogs food

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... opic&t=659

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I looked at the sticky and did a little research of my own and i think i want to switch her to Royal Canin, im still going to go with the puppy version cause she is just a baby and my husband wont have it any other way.. he says puppys get puppy food hehe :) thank you all for the great information i really appriciated it.. now i just have to wait for this ba gof food to be near gone so i can buy the right stuff :) thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts