Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petey still squats to pee.He is 4 months old now. I was just wondering when puppies usually start lifting their leg to pee?

Thanks a bunch
Petey's Mom

·
Registered
948 Posts
Toby is 2 and still squats... I love it!! No leg hiking on anything he shouldn't be peeing on!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Kaiser doesn't squat he just pees standing up without lifting his leg.  He does turn a little so he doesn't fee on his front paws.  He's 5 and a half months

·
Registered
46 Posts
Flutterby\";p=\"13437 said:
Toby is 2 and still squats... I love it!! No leg hiking on anything he shouldn't be peeing on!

YES, I feel the same way. We had Poe neutered at 5 months old , he hadn't started leg lifting or 'humping' or any other annoying male habits. He is 17 months old now and still squats.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yep! Thats exactly what it is!! Toby was snipped at 4 months!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Odin is an intact male... almost 5-months old... and just stands outside and pees where he may... no leg-lifting, no squatting... he just stands and pees with a dumb look on his face... he usually pees between his front legs in that stance.

Also, he was humping like crazy around 4 months... for the past few weeks, he just stopped doing it.

Once again... he's still intact.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:lol: My last male was neutered at 4 months and did not lift a leg until he was 3. He was a squatter. I actually think he saw his buddy Rocco lift his leg to a tree and then he learned how to lift. He then would only lift a leg on a mailbox.  Every, every, every, mailbox.... :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rocky lifted when he turned a year and that was because we took him to visit another male boxer

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck was almost one when he started hiking his leg, but a friend on another forum was just saying that her 2 yr old just started hiking his leg, so you just don't know..The neutering does make a difference tho, my sis had her Golden, Jake neutered at 5 mos, he never hikes his leg. Samson wasn't neutered til he went to the rescue, so he definitely hikes his leg....Just don't so what I did the first time they decide to hike...I was walking Buck the first time he hiked and I started jumping up and down like an idiot, saying that my baby was now a man!!! :lol: People passing me by must have thought I was nutz...

·
Registered
214 Posts
ha ha ha oh my gosh the things that we talk about. Tyson does the whole stand there and look silly without squatting or anything. when he goes poo its like a ballet. twisting and turning about all over his "spot" its funny

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry still squats, he's almost 10 months old.

Our last dog was half rottweiler, half weimaraner.  He died when he was 21 months old, but was still squating.

I hope Henry never lifts a leg.  It's so gross! :p

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire hikes his leg nice and high...and then pees on his front paw. If it's not that he's getting distracted half way through and walking and peeing at the same time :roll:  :lol:  Wish he'd squat to pee though - all my shrubs and trees are dead at the bottom :roll:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ziggi is 15 months now and still semi-squats, he was fixed at 5 months.  He usually just pees all over his front paws because he is so distracted when he is out there that he doesn't stand still long enough to go.  

I am glad he doesn't hike his leg, he has never been around another male dog that did it so maybe that is why.  We have always had female dogs and never had to worry about it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
this post cracks me up...Brady is sort of like Voltaire but without the lifting. Brady gets into this stance, legs as FAR apart as his short little legs will possible let them go and squats...like he doesn't want to get a DROP anywhere near him....then starts walking away before he's done so gets it on him anyway.

·
Registered
977 Posts
AbbyandBrady\";p=\"13605 said:
this post cracks me up...Brady is sort of like Voltaire but without the lifting. Brady gets into this stance, legs as FAR apart as his short little legs will possible let them go and squats...like he doesn't want to get a DROP anywhere near him....then starts walking away before he's done so gets it on him anyway.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  - In any case i'm sure i've known men who are just as careless when it comes to peeing :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
caillou\";p=\"13660 said:
[quote="AbbyandBrady\";p=\"13605":2m7pp2sl]this post cracks me up...Brady is sort of like Voltaire but without the lifting. Brady gets into this stance, legs as FAR apart as his short little legs will possible let them go and squats...like he doesn't want to get a DROP anywhere near him....then starts walking away before he's done so gets it on him anyway.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  - In any case i'm sure i've known men who are just as careless when it comes to peeing :lol:[/quote:2m7pp2sl]

ha ha ha ha ha OMG ha ha ha ha ha OMG ha ha ha ha :rofl:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh dear, Emmet is not going to be happy when he hears this!  He wants to hold off on neutering Hector until he starts lifting his leg.  I said fine, but if he hasn't started doing it by the time he's one, he's getting the snip regardless.

Reading everyone's posts here, I'm thinking Emmet is going to be sorely disappointed!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Why does Emmet want Hector to lift his leg??? :roll:  It must be another man thing!  :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts