Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OY!  People these days!  
There is a town, Angleton, about 15 miles east of my house.  In the news the other day, a seventeen year-old boy had forced his pitbull dog to kill a cat.  He had a video camera set up to catch the whole thing and posted it on his Myspace page.  Now apparently the boy had to force the dog to kill the cat.  The dog just wasn't interested at first.  The boy's little sister was there and told him to stop, but didn't do anything about it.
So now the poor cat is dead, the dog is in the Houston SPCA, the boy is in jail, and still no word from the parents on how they could have allowed such a thing to happen.  The worst part is, the SPCA hasn't decided if the dog should be put down or not.  That poor pup didn't know what it was doing and now may lose his life.
Just makes me sick! :x
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yes, I would like to know where the parents are also....Unbelievable....Was this a full grown Pitt of a puppy? And his little sister was there too? I am dumbfounded, speechless....

This is a perfect example that it's not the dog, it's the owner that makes "bad dogs" happen....If the dog never showed vicious tendencies, I question whether he should be put down, but I certainly wouldn't let that idiot have the dog back..As he is still a minor, the parents could be liable for anything also. I realize it was a cat, but there still could be charges filed.....

How awful.. Let's see how he would like it if we did that to him.....Sorry, but that's the way I feel...A taste of his own medicine....He definitely needs help....The little sister also, ok, the parents too for lack of supervision...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dog is two years old.  The little sister is 14.  I wish we could take the dog in, but the SPCA still hasn't decided what to do with the dog.  He's a really cute dog.  Never violent before, just a family pet.  That boy was just being stupid.  I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
Z

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thanks Zhanna, I would definitely be interested i how this all plays out...Is there a link to the newspaper? I tried to find it online.....

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't take a paper, so I don't know.  The local papers are: Houston Chronicle, Angleton Times, The Facts.
Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts