Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where evreyone got there dog or dogs from? I bought mine from a pet store around my house. It didnt look like there animals got out much in there so I kept asking to see different dogs....lol :wink:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
He's a beautiful dog...

We got our first two boys from a "friend of the family" who was breeding her female with my sis in laws male...our favorite dog Jackson...they are both 6 months old...and brothers(we broke a lot of rules there)

Our third boxer(a little girl) is coming to us from a breeder here in Washington! :) She comes home Friday...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah we rescued from a "breeder". I say that very sarcastically. The lady we got her from bred her once and found out she was unable to be bred again. There was no health testing done on Savannah or any of the other dogs she breeds. As for Reese i honestly am not sure. My BF bought her for me when we lost the rotti we rescued to Parvo. I am pretty sure she hasnt been tested or what not since he was VERY new to the whole "pure bred breeder" things. He had only adopted before so he had never dealt with a breeder or really knew what he was doing. Thats ok though, i wouldnt trade either of my babies for any other health tested boxer out there. I love!! now 20 yrs from now when they pass  :wink:  then we will worry about locating a breeder who health test.....if for any reason we dont go the rescue route.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My first boxer, Buck we got from a breeder, Tia was from a rescue, then Samson also was from a rescue then Angel, who is from a breeder, which is where I will get my next one from....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I adopted Maddie when she was 16 months from boxer rescue. All future boxers will be from rescue also.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Both our babies are rescues...Abby is from Adopt A Boxer Rescue League, Brady came through Betsy's Cocker Place, an organization dedicated to raising funds for families who cannot afford to pay their pets medical bills...it's meant to prevent pets from losing their good families just because of money and prevents them from going to shelters...unfortunately, it was a small rescue and the organizer has had to temporarily stop the rescue portion...

·
Registered
12 Posts
We bought Rupert on impulse from a place which we later found out had a poor reputation. We only went to look and...well...you know the rest. Considering the reputation of the kennel I do have to say in the 9 years he lived he never suffered a days illness right up until the last 5 days he was alive. If (Big IF) we ever do get another there's a good chance it will be a rescue.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We got Odin from a breeder in Milton, FL about 30 mins from us. They were born and raised around boxers and have been breeding for the past 20 yrs. They aren't originally from Milton though... I forgot where they are actually from... one of the northern states.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We got Roxy from a breeder in Gloucester, UK.  She was very knowledgable about the breed and obviously loved her Boxers.  She made OH and I feel very at ease about getting one of her pups!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I got Kiah from the Green Acres Boxer Rescue in WI.  That is where I plan to get my next one next spring, a male.

·
Registered
578 Posts
We got Fredo from a pet store. I know now we probably shouldn't have but we had gone to a lot of stores and the dogs here seemed to be great and so far I don't really have any complaints.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts