Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you started out with 1 boxer and let them sleep in your bed....what did you do when you got a second one?   Maguiness sleeps in bed with us,  but having 2 in our bed seems crazy.  I already let her hog my side....how can I fit 2?  Is it unfair to make newbie sleep alone?  What if his bed is close by, would that work?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.. Where in the world is another boxer going to sleep in our bed..Hubby said he will sleep with us just like Chloe does..I might as well start sleeping on the couch..lol.. You never know..Maguiness might just end up sleeping on that bed with the new dog.Better get a big one!

·
Registered
292 Posts
We used to let Macy sleep with us and then we started making her sleep in her own bed next to ours. Now Macy and Guido both sleep on their own beds next to our bed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hubby says that me and the dogs will have to get our own bed.....he doesn't like to snuggle as much as I do and would rather have lots of space to move around.  I would rather wake up with a stiff neck and know  that my babies were with me! LOL!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson always used to sleep with us, but his arthritis is making it difficult now to get up on the bed(I just ordered him some steps), so he was sleeping on the floor on my side of the bed. Angel, now that she is no longer crated starts off sleeping with us, but usually goes out to the couch with Samson...2 boxers in a bed, even a king is not easy, especially trying to move them :) Buck & Tia used to sleep with me & the ex and we always ended up being shoved out of the bed and when you already have a bad back, that is not a good thing. So they were allowed on th ebed til it was time to sleep, then they got evicted. Course Buck a lot of times would sneak back in during the nite and snuggle up to us..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Well here's our trick.  When we go to bed, we throw Kane's favorite toy (the chicken on the floor which he jumps down to retrieve) and then we hop into bed.  Sophie's no problem tucking her into a small space at the top of the bed.  Poor Kane has to take whatever place that's left. ROFL.  It sounds nuts and it is.  But we love them and so it's our choice.   When we move at the end of the month, we'll probably do something different.  I would like for them to sleep in the kitchen, but probably won't happen.  That's where my Niki slept for 17 + years and she loved it.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
We used to let Savannah sleep with us but once we got Reese that stopped. we tried keeping savannah in the room with us, but we learned that if savannah wasnt in the kennel with reese or reese couldnt at least SEE savannah she would go potty in her kennel. We keep the kennels downstairs so now both girls sleep in the living room in their kennels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ours are supposed to sleep on their bed next to us, but I woke up to Brady sleeping on our bed this morning (next to hubby...who is the one who made the "no dogs on the bed" rule)! He tries, and fails and gives up and waits for an invitation. Abby never tries unless invited.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My one sheltie and Bee Bee sleep in our bedroom but not on our bed.  They are on the floor one on each side of the bed.  The other sheltie never wanted to come into the bedroom for some reason so she normally sleeps outside the door.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie sleeps in the kitchen... she used to sleep in our bed, but it got to be too much... i've been stepped on soooo much!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Both of mine sleep with me, it gets crowded at times.  On weekends (this is the only time hubby is home) in our queen size bed we have me, hubby, Gunnar, Ginger, and 2 cats.  But I love cuddling with my babes and can't imagine it any other way!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well i let all 3 of my dogs sleep with me. And believe me there aint no room for anything else on their and i have a full size bed. Im just glad Jet is still a puppy but then you have Zeus and Dante that hog every little bit they can take.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts