Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter where the dog sleeps, in regards to training them? The first few nights, our new pup slept in our bed (thats where our oldest sleeps). However it was too much and we got no sleep as we refused to let her down incase she went potty. So, we started putting her in her cage at night to sleep. Overall, she's done well (she never cries when she goes in). One morning however she did poop (but she was in there all night long and a bit longer in the morning than usual as I had to tend to my son). She occasionally pee's in there too. Does anyone else put their pup in a cage at night?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi-  I have 2 puppies both @3 months.  I've had them since they were 8 weeks old (almost 1 month now yay!) lol
From the very start they were in the crate at night... but since they had each other to snuggle with it wasn't ever an issue for us.  Just this past weekend I went out and got another cage b/c they are getting too big to be in the same one together.  So far so good - the cages are side by side and we leave a toy in there for them to play w/ --- the only problem I am having is that Jasmine is hit or miss w/ peeing in her cage.  Damien has never peed where he sleeps...but Jasmine... no such luck!  I just took away her super soft pillow and just put a towel down in there b/c the poor pillow was falling apart from so much washing  :oops:  

I was actually just looking online for a plastic pillow case?? Maybe that way at least all I'll be washing is a pillow case?? Just an idea...

Also my husband and I agreed on the rule that no puppies on the furniture... which I sort of already broke  :bsoop:
They start off in their cage at night... sleep for a few hours... and when I wake up to let them out to go potty (usually around 2ish) I bring them back upstairs for some cuddle time until I have to get back up again to go to work.  This way hubby and I have our bed to ourselves for the most part of the night  :wink:

Beka

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would put Loki in his crate at night for like the fisrt 2 months of having him. But around his 3 month mark he was pottied trained. So now he sleeps on a dog bed in our bedroom or he tries to sleep with the two bigger dogs. But he only did that when we first moved in. After a full days of playing he just passes out at night until we wake up in the morning to get ready for work.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
No doggies allowed on the furniture here! :lol:
Henry ususally sleeps in his crate, but we leave the door open so he can go out if he wants.  He usually just stays in there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bruce slept in his crate for the first couple of months....now he hogs the bed...but I definitely intend to use the crate again next time we get a puppy, it made life and training sooooo much easier

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fiona slept in her crate until I was sure she would not go on the floor or tear anything up at night.  She was allowed to stay out after that, which was about 7 months old. Now and then she has to sleep in her crate if her and the cat decide to have a chase session in the middle of the night, but that is not to often.  Fiona now sleeps on the love seat, which she has claimed as her own.  She is not allowed in the bed per hubby! :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tyson sleeps in his crate.  He has never even been in our bed.  I really like the fact that we crate trained him since day 1.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gaby has been sleeping in bed with me since day 1 and i've never had any problems :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts