Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those of you who use the crate/kennel. Where does everyone keep the kennel?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Spare bedroom. He's only crated when we're gone and both my dogs (the other is a Cairn Terrier) are crated in the same room - side by side.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
In the family room, although I really don't use it anymore. I have it set up still because Maddie will go in for naps, but I don't close the door anymore.  :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In the bedroom for now since I wanted to make the transition from his first home to mine easier.  Since he sleeps at my feet now, I am thinking of moving it to my office to see if a change of scenery will help the separation anxiety thing a bit.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
ROTFLOL...not to hyjack the post...I just had to say great sig there Dan.daugherty...absolutely fabulous! :lol:

We have ours in our bedroom...they sleep together in the same crate for now...the goal is to get them to where they can sleep on their dog pillows without the crate...they are still a bit young yet...too many things in our room that they would like to investigate!

We are setting up a 7.5'W x 13'L x 6'H kennel in the garage for when I am gone to work or school(cause it will likely be for more then 4 hours when I am)...we will probably put an extra large dog house in it and we are padding the floor with a black rubber liner(like they use in Horse stalls now)nice, safe...and some room to play if we are gone for long...

·
Registered
405 Posts
We have a funny L-shaped room which will eventually be a playroom, right now, it's just the dogs' playroom where they are allowed to go crazy. Their crates are in the short end of the L.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah's crate is in the kitchen (didn't have room in the bedroom for it, too big). It is by the sliding glass doors and I can open the curtain so she can look outside.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lilly's crate is in my bedroom.  I don't crate her because it isnt conducive to herwork, however, she does sleep in her crate atnight with her crate door open...  I think she likes the beddingand extra ppl pillow she has in there.  She actually "crates" herself...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Beckham has two kennels.  The Large one is downstairs in the living room/kitchen area for when we're gone at work.  Unfortunately our townhome is on the small side, so his kennel is right where stools should go for the breakfast bar. :(
The XL one is upstairs in our room for night time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Debo's crate is in the kitchen, Jas's crate is in the laundry room/pantry.
They are only in their crate at bed time or if we have to run somewhere.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have the crate in the living room during the day so he can take his naps in it and then bring it into the bedroom at night. The goal was for him to be able to see us while in the crate. Eventually I would like to have the spare bedroom be his room but it offers no visability to us and with boxers being such a family dog and I know they enjoy being a part of th action all the time, I'm not sure this will work.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I live on the 3rd floor apartment of my parents house.. Its kind of divided in 3 sections.. One is the bathroom, kitchen, living room.. The other one is a computer room (and thats where the crates are) and the last area is my "sleeping quarters".. lol Its all open so if they aren't in their crates they're running all over the place..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i appreciate the answers guys. While reading posts it seemed that alot of people kept the kennels in the bedroom and i was starting to wonder if i was the only one who didnt :) We keep the girls kennels in the livingroom downstairs. Our townhome is not as big as i would like so i cant keep them in the bedroom, but we are looking into getting into a house when my lease ends.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Mine is in the living room,, the only time it gets used is when we go somewhere and then Angel gets crated..My hope is once the yard is fenced with the doggie door, we won't need it at all anymore, then I can pack it up til the next arrival  :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
we keep Layla and Chance's crates in our bedroom. Chance has SEVERE seperation anxiety and has to be with us....and Layla is just spoiled because of that.....whats good for the goose is good for the gander  lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Our's is in our bedroom.  Jaxon is in it only at night and those few occasions when no one is home.  On those rare times, we take the crate to the kitchen because it's close to a door, just in case something would happen while we are gone (fire), he's easier to get to.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I keep ours in my bedroom but that is only for the puppy. Zeus and Dante stay out in the backyard until i get home, i would hate to see the couped up energy they would have if they were kenneled all day long. They wear me out now but i would not want to be that worn out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
We keep our crate in our bedroom.  We have a huge one that both pups can fit into nicely!  it is by my bedrom window that they can see a tree that often has birds in it....also, I have a bird that likes to body slam itself into my window daily(crazy bird), so they get the joy of that!  All I have to say is "crate up" and BOTH pups slowly go upstairs to their crate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts