Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if whining is a boxer trait. Oscar has always been a talker but more recently he has been whining more and for no apparent reason. He can just be sitting there. I can understand if I was eating or had his bone or something of that nature. I didnt know if I should be concerned if something was wrong or if it is normal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dunno... Odin whines too, but only when he's pouting (occasionally when in his crate or "left behind").  He occasionally "Woo-Woo's" out of nowhere for no reason, but his woo-woos are definately a happy sound (at least it seems).

Odin used to whine a lot more when he was younger, but he seems to whine less now (as he seems better adjusted to his crate).  My wife Mastray is leaving town this week, and I'll still be working, so Odin will get his first big test... staying crated most of the day while I'm at work... I'm going to sneak home for lunch though and let him out everday I'm at work.

I wouldn't be worried too much about your issue though... unless you see other factors that may be a problem.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Might be bored...Lilly does this when she wants toplay with the kids but the kids are off in their own little world...

I wouldn't worry aout it too much...Boxers have a tendency to be vocal with their people...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your input. We did just get a new puppy and maybe its a jellousy thing, I try to treat them fairly but he was use to getting all the attention.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
New puppy???  Why haven't we seen pix yet....Not fair....Can we see some pix of your new baby?????   Pleeeeaaaasssseeee????!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Ahhh!! he is a cutie :) we love all animals here so feel free to add pics anytime!!  Neither of my boxers are vocal. I have heard savannah on occasion whimper or whine-never did know why. She was just standing in the middle of the room and whimpered twice then hasnt done it since!! crazy-anywho congrats on the new pup. your boxer may be experiencing that greened monster that attach itself to all of our dogs!! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Chloesmom, we live in the Fort Worth Area as well, it's cool to see another person from Texas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts