Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 8 week old black female and a year old white male with patch around eye.  We seem to get a lot of attention when we are walking. People act as if these two colors are unusual. My son use to raise whites (West Virginia)and we found our black in Reelsville , Indiana. Just curious as to how many other families own either of these two colors.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hmm, your more than likely gonna get some responses to this post that you may not like.

G

·
0 Posts
You going to get a lot of replies to this topic..

I have a fawn and 2 brindles.. Just had to see what this topic was about,..

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
am i white owner...but she came from a piece of sh*t so called breeder that neglected and abused her...

not going to go furthur illl leave that to the experts lol

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If you have any pictures please post them would love to see what your pup looks like.....But, to answer yes seeing a full blooded "white and black" boxer would draw much attention since Black is not a color option for Boxers, so hence there would have to be another gene in there somewhere....I am sure someone would be happy to explaiin or there are probably lots of threads on here about it...

I did want to say Welcome to the forum it is a great place to learn about all types of subjects on the breed!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Whites are in no way rare (though some less-than-scrupulous breeders still advertise them as such), but there are some 'pockets' where they are not especially common.  The recent change to the Code of Ethics to allow limited registration and sale of white puppies (rather than only allowing placement without registration) has helped to eliminate the "rare white Boxer" charlatans.  

Sadly these days some of those less-than-scrupulous breeders (and some new ones) have jumped on a 'black Boxer' bandwagon, selling mixed breeds (sometimes the mix is a few generations back as it's been going on for a while now) as purebred.  The Boxer does not carry the gene for a solid black coat color - Boxers can be either fawn or brindle, with or without white markings.  Some brindles are so heavily striped as to appear almost black, but the fawn ground color must always clearly, if barely, show through the black (in an adult; sometimes heavily brindled puppies look solid black, but the brindling spreads out as they get older).

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a white boxer/mix who has brindle patches and is deaf... he is my newbie... Im already in love ;))

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D i knew Jennifer would come..ty  :D  i would rather she answers..shes got all the right boxerish words hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts