Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/332795

dont know if hes still adoptable..worth a shot for anyone near there..

also just thought id post b/c hes got the 2 blue eyes too, is also deaf like Isis and got the black eyeliner that she doesnt...

hes just gorgeous !  he was also emaciated like Isis was..hunched back everything..jsut goes to show what happens to whites when the breeders dont want them anymore :(  ( Isis was thrown away by a breeder also for those that are new)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Man, he is fine looking. With a little weight on him, he would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hopefully he'll find a good home where somebody is a stay at home or retired.  I would be timid myself knowing that he has some seperation issues, but if somebody has the time, I'm sure that Sam and them would be the best of buds.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would love to have him as well.. still in Texas for now though :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He is gorgeous, wish I had a fenced yard and was closer.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HoosiersDaddy\";p=\"70600 said:
I just realized how badly I want another boxer...I don't mind if their deaf!
JeepKuntry\";p=\"70619 said:
Hopefully he'll find a good home where somebody is a stay at home or retired. I would be timid myself knowing that he has some seperation issues, but if somebody has the time, I'm sure that Sam and them would be the best of buds.

deaf isnt much different at all..whole house just has to get into the habit of making sure they never get out..its been easy for us for the most part...

Isis was really really bad off when she came home...NEVER been let out of a concrete cage(4 yrs with a breeder idiot that let her get to 17 pounds emaciated)..so we had our work cut out for us..and we were nervous about her being deaf..but it REALLY honestly doesnt matter..she doesnt require more work or anything...just at first to get used to things...and having a 2nd dog helps alot !

teaching them to trust you..love them and hug them..treat them no different..just use your hands and signals instead..(  :roll: i still talk to her :) )

of course need a fenced in area..high fence...and always have a leash on them no matter what...

Isis has a microchip PLUS her tags on her collar and leash..her name,address, 4 phone numbers and then a 2nd red tag that says "my name is ISIS & I AM DEAF"

when we surf we take two 50 foot leads...that way she has plenty of room to run & swim around but theres no chance she can go anywhere..although she doesnt leave us ever...

i am so glad i got the chance to have her a part of our lives..its been a truely wonderful experience and the love that she gives back is tremendous...like shes soooooo appreciative..and always a good lesson for my sons to see thqt even animals have disabilities and they are still the same...just do things a little different..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
One of the things that attracted me to boxers is that they are good watch/guard dogs and I think deafness would get in the way of that.  Am I wrong?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="sully\";p=\"70660":d2ntxozz]One of the things that attracted me to boxers is that they are good watch/guard dogs and I think deafness would get in the way of that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What a beautiful boy, I hope he finds a forever home.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned with him being deaf myself.  The main thing that would concern me is the seperation anxiety.  Especially since both me and the wife work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts