Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how common it is to have white boxers in a litter of pups? There is a pet store near me that has been getting alot of bad rap
lately. The are in trouble (with the community, none of the powers that be think its important) due to alot of puppies getting sick and dying shortly after
going home with a family - all resulting in death from Parvo. The store is closing down so the are "liquidating" their stock...as they put it.
They have way too many dogs and everything about them is unethical and it makes me so angry. Wish that someone would step up and do something.
Anyways I could rant on about this place but back to the reason for the post.
I was looking on their website to see the puppies they had and see if they look ill or unhappy...some of them don't look too good.
So finally to my question....how common is it that you get 4 white boxers in one litter? Would it be safe to assume that someone out there
is breeding a white boxer??

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
smack83\";p=\"72475 said:
Just wondering how common it is to have white boxers in a litter of pups? There is a pet store near me that has been getting alot of bad rap
lately. The are in trouble (with the community, none of the powers that be think its important) due to alot of puppies getting sick and dying shortly after
going home with a family - all resulting in death from Parvo. The store is closing down so the are "liquidating" their stock...as they put it.
They have way too many dogs and everything about them is unethical and it makes me so angry. Wish that someone would step up and do something.
I was looking on their website to see the puppies they had and see if they look ill or unhappy...some of them don't look too good.
Then I came across these Sweethearts. There was
one more male (4 total), you can see him if you play the video.
So finally to my question....how common is it that you get 4 white boxers in one litter? Would it be safe to assume that someone out there
i dont think it matters what color the parents are... Jessies mom is a white and she didnt have any white pups..

and i think it is safe to assume that there are lots of people breeding white boxers.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"72476 said:
[quote="smack83\";p=\"72475":2xphxcjm]Just wondering how common it is to have white boxers in a litter of pups? There is a pet store near me that has been getting alot of bad rap
Then I came across these Sweethearts. There was
one more male (4 total), you can see him if you play the video.
i dont think it matters what color the parents are... Jessies mom is a white and she didnt have any white pups..

and i think it is safe to assume that there are lots of people breeding white boxers.[/quote:2xphxcjm]

I second your assumption!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
White puppies make up about 25% of all boxer pups born.  Two flashy boxers can produce white pups.
Again, thats not to say that there aren't many people breeding whites irresponsibly.
I don't know from your post if you were considering getting one, but personally I wouldn't "rescue" a petstore puppy b/c that just tells the petstore owners that their pups will sell and they will just get more puppies to replace them and sell more unhealthy pups from bad breeders.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i wasn't planning on getting one i just feel so bad they all these dogs are being raised in poor conditions and taken away from their mother so soon.
hoping they all find good homes and lead healthy lives.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I never cared for white boxers until I found this site and saw how beautiful they all are.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I get sad when i see puppies and cats in petstores too.  Even if they were healthy living in a crate 24/7 is awful! I won't shop at pet stores that sell puppies or kittens.  I also wish laws on animal neglect and cruelty were more strict... or actually enforced.

G

·
0 Posts
[quote="g00dgirl\";p=\"72557":2a9grb8p]I get sad when i see puppies and cats in petstores too.

G

·
0 Posts
my aunt had a guinea pig once....it was allergic to bedding...so had to use straw/hay...it acted kinda like a dog...it made noises to her and sat on her belly and would lick her face...weirdest little thing I've ever seen

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As sad as it is to see all those poor babies in the petstore, yea when you buy from them it just continues the vicious circle...Petstores thrive on people that see all those "cute" little puppies & kittens, cos they tug at our hearts...It really isn't uncommon to have a white in a litter, like was already stated 25% of pups are white, despite the color of the parents...Of course if you are breeding white to white, oh definitely you will get more..A lot of unethical breeders try to hype whites as being rare and they are from from it...That really is sad about those puppies, perhaps if you have a local Boxer Rescue, they may take them in?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've always hated pet stores. although I've never been able to stop myself from going inside.
Quite a few years back I took a job at the pet store at the mall. I really wanted to see what exactly they do there. I think I worked there for a week before I just stopped showing up.
I worked in the back tending to the pups, and also cleaned all the cages in the morning before the store opened.

They make everyone give all the dogs pills twice a day. The pill bottles are un-labeled and they refused to tell me what the pill was for.
The sick puppies were in the back room. 2-3 in a cage. Majority of them came to the store being sick. All the pups saw a vet once a week to check for signs of illness.
Back when I worked there, they would only let serious buyers take a dog out to the private cubicle thing. At least now they let anyone request a dog. helps with socializing a little at least.
The sick puppies did NOT get baths all the time like the healthy pups. Meaning every last one of them had runny poop stuck to their fur. and the poor things just smelled terrible.
They told us, and the customers that all their dogs come from breeders. They had a kennel name on the papers the dogs come with. When I checked into about 2-3 of those names online, I came up with nothing.

It was just a sad place to be every day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts