Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for everyone with a white boxer. or anyone else who may know the answers.  We got our boy almost a month ago, he's a white boxer that we rescued.  My question is does anyone else's white boxer get pink when he's tired?  Since day 1 we noticed that at night before bed or just before he decides to go for a nap his snout and eyes get pink, he looks exhausted.  We've been to the vet since we rescued him and they said he seems to be in great health so I am not worried, I just thought it was a quirk and wanted to know if anyone else sees this.  During the day when he's awake and alert he's all white.  He gets pink with excitement too but I figured that's pretty normal, my friend has a white pit bull and he does that too. Just curious.

·
Registered
441 Posts
hahaha...YES!!!!!!! he starts the morning looking well rested and by the end of the day, his eyes are soooo red! especially if he has played and/or exercised a lot!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Templeton is the same way.  IMO you have nothing to worry about because (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it has to do with the temperature of their body.  Congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
693 Posts
OMG Blitzen is almost hot pink by the end of the day. Esp if we have had a long walk and a lot of play. Donner has a little pink in the nose area and that used to get real pink when he was a pup. I think he outgrew it caus I dont notice it anymore. IMO noyhing to be alarmed about. :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="Rocky07\";p=\"106731":rzbzr8mt]Rocky is fawn but around his nose and mouth is white.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
yes its normal...Isis does this all the time...the more she does the redder she gets..jsut cool them down thats all...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
LOL~~Even my white, chubby whippet, Angelina gets pink! Especially after playing grab-a$$ with Bibby!!  :lol:  :lol:  (I don't think she likes being referred to as "chubby"...)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If Sadie is active, he's definitely pink.  Around her eyes almost turns red.  A little rest and water always does the trick!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have noticed even on Angel as she has a couple pink spots around her nose, when she gets tired, they get very bright..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts