Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive fallen in love with white boxers since being on this form. We got Maverick as a dark brindle because it is my boyfriend fav and i think Mav looks great but i cant stop thinking about getting a white boxer as a friend for Maverick some time in the next year.

A few questions, how rare are white boxers? Ive called a few breeders and cant find any that have them? do you think this is because they see them as deficient and dont try and sell them?

Also, when it comes to buying a white boxer ive heard a few things...some say they are more pricey and others say less. How much should i be paying in comparison to a regular brindle or fawn?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ok...white boxers are not rare...they make up approximately 25% of the breed as a whole.

the price you will pay will depend largely on the breeder, their line, and your area.

many whites are, unfortunetely, are still culled out of the litter at birth so there are fewer of them out and about.

hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Also you shouldn't pay more for a boxer just because it's white. Technically you're only supposed to pay vet bills for the pup, but often breeders just charge a lesser price than the other puppies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Donya\";p=\"33198 said:
Ive fallen in love with white boxers since being on this form. We got Maverick as a dark brindle because it is my boyfriend fav and i think Mav looks great but i cant stop thinking about getting a white boxer as a friend for Maverick some time in the next year.
We do also. :D   Ok. we love our new little white guy Trakkar.  He's just adorable.  We were so lucky that we found him when we did.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yay:) Haha, one of my loves, along with every other colour. Come join the dark side :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too am addicted to the white stuff  :lol:

Ever since I began researching the boxer breed and saw white/ check  boxers I have been hooked. We tried to concentrate on locating a reputable breeder by asking about health testing etc. and also asked them their opinions of white boxers.  Some never responded to us, some tried to pass them off as something rare... so they were automatically eliminated.  We found a handful of breeders that we thought had responsible breeding practices and good lines.  We inquired about getting on a waiting list for future litters,  one of the breeders happened to know of a breeder that had a check pup that had not found a home yet and forwarded our info to her.  After many conversations and meetings we met Poe and added him to our family. In my limited experience white puppies sell for the same price that "pet quality" colored puppies do.

Sounds like you have the info that you asked for already but just wanted to sympathize with your addiction.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Technically the ABC Code of Ethics says white Boxers are to be placed on a spay/neuter contract, and the breeder may charge a refundable spay/neuter deposit plus 'veterinary expenses directly related to the puppy'.  So in most cases, a white should cost less than a colored pet puppy.  However, it is not an infraction of the COE to sell whites for more than this price, and some breeders whom I consider entirely responsible and ethical are practicing 'civil disobedience' and selling whites for the same price as colored pets.  :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
They aren't rare at all...and I would like to mention that if you want...you could also find one through a rescue!  (I have seen many beautiful whites in rescues!)There are plenty of THOSE(rescues and dogs in need of rescue) out there...Mic was the only White(actually Check, because of his brindle markings and spots) one in his litter...but, the previous litter had two...it's somewhat random, I think...most breeders are shooting for a litter with NO whites in it...but, they are out there....not rare...and usually cost less rather then more...at least less then their colored counterparts in the litter...although most of the time, I see that all of the pups in a litter go for the same amount...(which, in my opinion is as it should be...they are just as worthy!) Obviously, you do want to check for hearing, etc...unless you don't mind the potential for deafness...still good to know...

Good luck! They ARE beautiful!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
csijeep\";p=\"33207 said:
[quote="Donya\";p=\"33198":2kjn7mud]Ive fallen in love with white boxers since being on this form. We got Maverick as a dark brindle because it is my boyfriend fav and i think Mav looks great but i cant stop thinking about getting a white boxer as a friend for Maverick some time in the next year.
We do also. :D

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ringer has a white sister that his parents were trying to give away.  They claimed she was the one who couldn't handle being away from her people and Ringer was cool with it.  Guess they were off a bit.  Depending on how things go over the next six months or so, I may be the proud father of a white boxer.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I think white are actually becoming very popular lately.    However when selecting a breeder, like Jennifer said, the pup should be on limited registration and require a s/n.   Also anyone who says "rare" white boxer is full of it, they are not rare, and are common, even found in most of the elite litters.   Its all in genetics.  

However do make sure they have proper testing done to make sure they are not deaf and / or blind.  Not sure if you are partial to an adult, but I do know many rescues are flooded with white boxers that need homes.  Many people seem to want colored one of white puppies.  

Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I first fell in love with the boxer breed because my friend has a female white boxer. I miss her so they moved to CA and I havent' seen them since May. My next one will be a white female to be a great companion for Logan.

I too agree with you, I think it is a must for my next addition.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's quite scary, the fact that white boxers may become more popular. For the people who are not responsible and will try to breed them. I kind of wish Boxers of any color would just stay with the responsible people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a white male boxer and 2 fawn females i love my white boxer i just had 9 puppies about 3 weeks ago and out of that litter i have 4 white boxer i am going to probably keep one. white boxer are just like any other boxer as far as what i see they are just white thats all. some look a little meaner though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts