Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you should never breed a white boxer, then should you not rebreed parents that produce white boxers?   Just curious...  Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmmm...fine line, I think...I am not really sure, but I don't think there is anything saying that, as more the 25% of them born are white and there isn't anything you can do about that...other then make the best effort in breeding...the same two dogs can produce three litters and in two there are no whites and in one there are three whites! It's genetics!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
when you breed two boxers there isnt a way of knowing if those two will produce a white puppy. AND if they do produce a white puppy in one litter they wont necessarily produce a white puppy in another litter. Personally i feel that alot of people have no buisness breeding their dogs, and that there should be a license that has to be aquired before you are allowed to breed. there are too many irresponsible breeders out there now a days. sorry....kinda got off topic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two white Boxers will always produce 100% white puppies. Exacted percentages when two flashy Boxers are bred together are 25% plain, 50% flashy, and 25% white. When two plain Boxers from show lines are bred together, they are expected to produce 100% colored (non-white) puppies, though markings may vary.  u should not breed any white boxers at all male or female.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
<<is EXTREMELY GLAD SOMEONE DID !!!..I LUV MY GIRL WITH ALL MY HEART ..I DONT CARE THAT SHE IS DEAF AND NEITHER DOES SHE !!...SHE IS A FULLY FUNCTIONAL DOG..VERY HEALTHY AT 6..AND WONDERFUL!!!

and shes the not only deaf but has 2 blue eyes..shes my angel and A WONDERFUL PROTECTION AS WELL

** SEE MY POST IN ARE BOXERS COWARDS? MY STORY OF AN INTRUDER AND MY DEAF DOG THAT PEOPLE SWEAR SHOULDNT HAVE LIVED...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you shouldn't breed white boxers.  I was just curious why they let you breed boxers that carried that gene if they did not desire the white boxer.  I personally love white boxers and think that they are beautiful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think breeding for the soul purpose of getting white boxers is ok becuz its not with the standard but I don't see anything wrong with White Boxers....I think they are gorgeous and pseronslly...I wouldn't mind owning one....However, almost all of my dogs will be rescues so...Whichever one grabs my heart wins no matter what color it is  :wink:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awwww :) thats what we did too..both Isis & Onyx are rescues..and next wil be too..of course will be a boxer lol..will find one who needs us reguardless of color..

welcome to the forum btw:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just trying to understand this about the white boxer.  They call them taboo in places, I've read where people kill them at birth.  I do not understand it.  My opinion is that before these breeders breed dogs that are going to have white pups that they are going to cull, then there should be testing or something done to prevent them from breeding these little babies and killing them.  I have read where they do this and I think that is awful.  I think for a breeder to breed a pair of boxers that have had previous whites that they have had to cull continuously and to continue to breed them and cull the whites is cruel.  I don't think that it is right.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
sadly there isnt a way to tell 100% when a bitch will have a white in her litter. because it has to do with genes it may not pass on the first3 litters that bitch has, but could pass on the 4th. there just isnt a way to know. now for those who breed that repeatedly have whites in the litter yes it would probably be best NOT to breed, but as everyone knows we cant stop them and if those people want to be irresponisbile then they will be.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
One of the best articles I've read on white boxers is posted on Newcastle's website (here's the link)

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/white.shtml

I think it clearly explains the history of white boxers and dispells many of the myths surrounding them today.  It's an excellent read for anyone who wants to know more about our wonderful white boxers.

Her site also contains a very detailed explanation of the genetics involved in coat color and markings - again, very well done.

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/inheritance.shtml

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thanks. :)

I think that if one euthanizes white puppies based solely on their color, then one should avoid breedings which have the potential to produce white puppies.  If, on the other hand, one embraces white puppies as equal to their colored pet counterparts, there is no reason to avoid producing them - not all puppies in a litter will be show/breeding prospects, but white puppies can be excellent companion, performance, or service dogs.  In fact, where I am, whites of either gender are the second-most requested color (after flashy fawn females).  (The qualifier is that if a certain dog or breeding combination has a tendency to produce a high percentage of deaf whites, it would probably be best to avoid producing whites from that dog/combination.  While deaf whites can also make fantastic companion etc. dogs, they can be trickier to place.)  It should go without saying that breeding for the purpose of producing white puppies is not something I feel is acceptable.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:lol: i totally agree...well said well said Newcastle..

..Rainbosmom what a cute cute pic !!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
We're almost getting into a discussion on eugenics here.  While NOBODY should be breeding white Boxers, to say that you shouldn't breed any pair that has a chance of producing white puppies is more or less precluding all flashy dogs from breeding because statistically 25% of their offspring is going to be white.  Obviously, this is not going to be a runner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts