Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if this was something of concern...

Sometimes (about twice per day) Sadie will have a white chalky substance around the edges of her nose. I have no idea what this could be??? It's not snot I know that. Can anyone tell me what this may be?

I would post a pic, but its not there right now...I'll post when it comes back.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Boogers? No, I kid. Not sure Vega gets some white around her nose sometimes whenit is dry or when she has been digging.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Gosh I don't know.  I don't think I've ever seen any white on her nose, just dirt.  She dug nice big hole to lay down in today.  Couldn't believe how dirty she got lol.  But I really haven't seen anything white on her nose.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Sounds like she has a substance abuse problem. We can get the forum together for an intervention!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mizorie\";p=\"40612 said:
Sounds like she has a substance abuse problem. We can get the forum together for an intervention!  :lol:
LMAO!!! HAHAHA that's hilarious! I'm sure its nothing, its just a bit weird. I'm curious to know WTH it is?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I take zelda to this local baseball field, and I know she loves to play with the chalk, and run around leaving a cloud of dust! maybe if you have kids, or take her to a baseball park, she could have gotten into some chalk somewhere?

That's all I can think of.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Danzig\";p=\"40623 said:
I take zelda to this local baseball field, and I know she loves to play with the chalk, and run around leaving a cloud of dust! maybe if you have kids, or take her to a baseball park, she could have gotten into some chalk somewhere?
No we haven't been near any fields lately or anything. And its more just at the sides of her nostrils, like its come out of her nose and dried or something (it's gross I know!) And its only at certain times, like if she wakes up in the morning and random times through the day... :?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mine get that, mostly when they've been playing hard; I think it's kind of like sweat, or the 'lather' that horses get when they're worked hard.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sometimes mine get that when they have been out playing a lot Alexa...Have to see if I have a picture of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
MY BOXERS GET THE SAME THING WHEN IT IS HOT OUTSIDE AND THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING HARD.  I BELIEVE IT MAY BE SALT THAT HAS DRIED ON THEIR NOSE.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
[quote="BELLAVIXEN35\";p=\"40640":34l0x27r]MY BOXERS GET THE SAME THING WHEN IT IS HOT OUTSIDE AND THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING HARD.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! It makes total sense that its sweat. She got it today during a 5 minute walk down the street (it was hot today). And last night when she was sleeping under the blankets and it was hot. I am sure its sweat, now that you all mention it.

Thanks! Now I can be rest assured Sadie doesn't need an intervention  :lol:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yea Mav gets it too just as you described. we just wash it off. good to know exactly what it is tho. I thought it was boogers.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"40641 said:
BINGO...That is what it is.....Fiona gets it too.....If you taste it, I bet it would taste like salt :)....It is normal though!
I'm so licking Ringer's nose next time I take him for a walk.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not sure how much help I can be but maybe if she is going and doing something and then comes back with it on her nose. MAYBE she is hiding something from you and just sneaks away about twice a day and doesn't now there is evidence. LOL Just a thought.  :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts