Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have noticed that after my female dog urinates, she has a white discharge.
I went to look at it and just squeezed her vulva and white liquid came out. I am afraid she might have some kind of infection, She does not seem to be in pain or anything but I notice that she pees alot.

Also, she is waking up in the morning with alot of puz in her eyes as well.
I have a vet appt tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and what it could be.

Thanks
Linda

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Could be a yeast infection or vaginitis (both can spread to areas outside of the vaginal area so long as the area has mucus membranes or lots of moisture).

Good luck at the vet...Hope your baby gets to feeling better...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sounds like what Chloe had numerous times as a puppy..She had puppy vaginitis along with a UTI..Her vet put her on clavamox which took away the UTI but the vaginitis stayed with her until she got spayed. A month after she got spayed the white discharge stopped. Just use a cotton ball with warm water to keep it clean. I also gave Chloe and still do, a teaspoon of yogurt in her food daily to help with the vaginitis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"11767 said:
Sounds like what Chloe had numerous times as a puppy..She had puppy vaginitis along with a UTI..Her vet put her on clavamox which took away the UTI but the vaginitis stayed with her until she got spayed. A month after she got spayed the white discharge stopped. Just use a cotton ball with warm water to keep it clean. I also gave Chloe and still do, a teaspoon of yogurt in her food daily to help with the vaginitis.
Thanks for the tip. The vet said it was puppy vaginitis and should go away once she is spayed which is in 2 weeks. As for the eyes, it is an infection and she has a cream that I have to put in her eye 3 times a day - after 2 days, I can see it clearing up.

Thanks Linda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts