Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1 year old male boxer. He is fixed. He was licking his penis a little bit more lately but I didn't think much of it because he still has energy and normal behavior. Today I noticed some white discharge coming from the prepuce. I pulled down his prepuce to check and there was a lot of white discharge on his skin that had accumulated there. It's clearly not smegma. I cleaned it all off. Then, there was a little bit more again later.

It's Friday and the vets are closed and I'm wondering if I should go to the emergency or if it can wait to Monday!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hopefully you were able to get some feedback on this prior to now, and your baby's OK.
We have not experienced this on our boys, so I can't offer anything helpful.

If it were one of ours, unless there was a lot of redness and swelling, I'd probably wait for our vet. We have had to call an emergency vet in the past, and was able to find out on the phone whether they thought we should bring our puppy in or wait for our vet to see him. Based on the phone conversation they were able to assure us we could wait for our vet and what we saw was normal. This was after a surgery and we had drainage and swelling.

I was surprised as I expected them to want to see him to make any kind of judgement call, but they were able to make a recommendation based on the call.

It would be good to know how your boy's doing and what you found out on this concern if you can share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts