Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new to the board and somewhat new to the boxer world.   Our puppy is 5 months old as of the past week he's had the runs he acts fine playful as ever.  Today it seems his tongue is whiter than normal.  can anyone help with suggestions.  just a little concerned  thank you.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Sorry, Zulus never had that, the only time his mouths goes a bit white is when he gets thirsty. Maybe he is a little dehydrated if he has the runs badly. 8O

Im sure one of the guys on here will be able to tell you though :D

Hope your baby gets well soon :D  :D

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've never had that issue.  Hopefully someone else can help you.  Otherwise might be best to check with the vet.  You can usually call emergency vet and they might give you an answer over the phone if it's serious or not.

Nano

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Never seen that with my two either, I would check with the vet to see if anything is going on.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I would say to have a few things check....First intestional worms....when they have them the tongue and mouth can be pale...Two would have the heart checked to make sure there is no issue with a puppy heart murmer and then if all of that is okay and there still is a problem to have some blood work done.....

At 5 months old I will guess that you are finsihed with all "puppy series" vaccinations.....if not then you may want to consider have your pup checked for the diseases they tend to present with at that age......Parvo and Lepto..........

Good luck and well wish's!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts