Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember a thread similiar to this a while back, and though it would be neat to re-do it since we have so many new memeber's or old members with new dogs.  Before samson came along Savannah was stuck to me, and Rese to my bf. it was good, and made things alot easier. we had discussed getting a male boxer before but the talks werent too serious, just tossing an idea around. When i saw Samson I decided to get him without even discussing it with the bf...i dont need his approval :D Besides his ultra handsome smooshy sad eye face, my bf wanted a male dog...i guess its a guy thing. i dunno. Well ever since Mr. Samson came home Reese and Savannah are stuck like glue to my bf and Samson is in love with me. My bf was kinda disappointed that the only other male in our family bonded with me, and i tried explaining to him that this is typical. He just looks at me and says "oh well, i got 2 that love me" :lol: ummmmm....ok!!

with your dog/dogs who have they bonded with the most??

·
Registered
537 Posts
My daughter who is 4 1/2. I don't know why as she picks on her and tortures her when I'm not looking. She will wait outside of her bedroom door (as she isn't allowed in there). Me? Well, she thinks I'm ok, but I make her do things like sit and stay and not beg for food. Again, I am the bad "parent" for making her obey. But she does think I am a comfy pillow though and seems to snuggle with me more.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Tango is closer to me.  We both impose disipline, but I get down and play with him more at his level!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Traitor Ashley is definately her Daddys dog..he never feeds her or anything..but when he's home he's her love...<sigh> Oh well he's gone to Montana now, so I get all the kisses and cuddles..HAHA

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Since I am the only one here both of them favor me but in different ways.  Kiah would gladly play with Keegan all day come over for petting once in awhile but at night she thinks Keegan should not snuggle with me.  When I sit on the couch she has to be on one side of me and he is on the other; she won't sit next to him.  Last night they did sleep closer together and I think it will get better everyday.  Keegan follows me around everywhere I go; it frustrates Kiah to no end because she wants him to play with her.  Kiah is definately the more independent of the two, at least right now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe is hubby's shadow, he can't even take a shower without her crying at the door. Brodi is without a doubt a momma's boy already but I was so worried he was gonna end up a daddy's boy because all our pets seem to cling to hubby but not Brodi, thank god!

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've had Bosco a little over a month and he definitly favors me!  He follows me wherever I go.  My parents refer
to him as my shadow.  It's so cute.  He's still quite skiddish around new ppl, so he often hides behind my legs and peeks
around when "new" guests arrive!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Samson is most definitely a Momma's boy, Angel is a Daddy's Girl, but when push comes to shove, she hangs with me...The males tend to favor their female skin peeps, and the females will go towards the male skin peeps...Soo, it will be me and my 2 males against Marq & Angel  :lol:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ok well we have 3 and they are ALL mine.  They all love ME the best!  I'm assuming it's because I'm home all day with them, but none the less, it's me!  There are times when all 3 of them sit in the recliner with me (I'll post pics of that soon) and there are many other places and people to sit with.  I love it though!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Im there favorite no doubt. I do everything for them and with them. Hubby just gives them lovin sometimes at night...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Skye will play with Marissa alot but not Storm he is a mamas boy all they time. They both always sleep with me.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis is glued to me..always has been..and is on alert for my youngest...when hes home or awake..1/2 an eye open or watching him play..quite amazing to me for a deaf dog...she jsut does it i dont have to command her..ever..pretty cool :) but she does love hubby too..sleeps between us at night haha..

Onyx loves us both all of us...hes so good at splitting his loyalty lol..when im home hes with my every single step..no matter what...hubby comes home and he follows him..whines and barks to get his attention lays in his lap haha

they know our schedules..see me during the week during the day...and see him at night during the week...weekends see all of us..then we leave to surf or take them with us..depends on the tides and face heights of surf that day

·
Registered
648 Posts
I pretty much do everything for Britney but my wife helps out on baths and rub downs at night. Other than that she needs to always lay down before my wfie will pet her. But she is always so excited to see my wife and lay down for her nightly rub.

G

·
0 Posts
This is a tough one.  It kinda depends on the day and what we are doing.  My husband works offshore and is gone a week at a time, so they are with just me.  

When he is home though Binga tends to follow me around more.  She thinks Damon is boring  :)   I think Bear likes his mommy more too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Tucker definitely is a Mommas boy. He is my shadow! If I sleep in on the weekends he will not get out of bed until I do... even if it is as late as noon. Coco has not picked her person yet. She loves the kids and DH, but wants to cuddle with Momma during the day and sleep between Momma and Daddy at night.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, I think Henry likes Kenny (son) the best.  They're buds.  But when Ken (hubby) comes home, nobody else exists for a while! :lol:
But I'm the only one he'll go potty for. :roll:  :lol:   So even if it's 9 at night or 4 in the morning, raining or cold or whatever, I have to take him potty! :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts