Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrots, apples, cauliflour/flower, tuna, bread, cake, spilled coffee, cheese, cat food, fish food, palm tree stumps, paper, paper towels, toilet paper, rose petals, bees, fruity pebbles, left over oatmeal....

These are all things Cactus has snuck- there is no way I would allow any of this.  I am wondering if he is just a pig, if he is unsatisfied with his food, is he is just acting like a five month old puppy (which I have heard can be equated to a four or five year old human)................ does anyone elses dogs sneak things-especially weird things like apples and carrots?
~Anne
Cactus's mommy

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
oh, yeah, and cigarette butts, fuzz balls, soap the list goes on and on.  You've got a baby garbage can just like I do.  Everyone I've ever had has done this until they were atleast a year old and sometimes till their two. Some of the things you list you can blame them but some of that garbage.....yuck! I know you try to catch them and tell them "leave it" but it is hard to do.  

I even had my 3 dogs knock a pecan pie off the counter and eat pie, glass pie dish and all.  And the good thing is that nobody had any problems passing the stuff thru with the help of lots of Metamucil.  

Good luck on containing the "pilferer" as I call mine.  It's about a full-time job at my house.  Hah!

Nano

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie eats napkins and Maggie eats socks...

they obviously dont choose them for the taste... lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am laughing SO hard that they ate the glass pie dish- can't blame them on the pecan pie though- yum!  You are very lucky that everything came out okay.

A year huh?  So six more months of random food missing...... I left my apple on the table to go let the cat in and it was just mysteriously gone-  sure enough Cactus was crunching on something..... moral of the story- if you want it, don't let it out of your hands!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO......Puppies are no different than babies or toddlers...Boy I had forgotten all that...Let's see Buck ate our new Malibu lights that we painstakingly spent all w/end putting in..Tia had a thing for the cactus garden....
Once they reached about a year, it pretty much stopped, oh yea, but then you have to watch out for the counter surfing....Lost a chicken that way....

·
Registered
770 Posts
The worst thing that Daisy enjoys to eat is cat poo!!! She has been known to sneak her head into the cats litter trays and gobble up what she believes to be delicacies! Yuk!
Oh, and she developed a taste for the foam inside the cushions of our sofa! And one more thing I can think of was when she managed to drag my boyfriends charger cable to his PSP into her cage and munch on that! He wasn't amused!
Funny how Daisy has tastes for things that aren't actually edible!

Heather

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only time I have spanked Cactus was when he was eating cat mess!!!  It was so disgusting and I was mad- he was shocked because I not spanked him before..... he has not done it since thank goodness!  EWWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry roams the yard like a goat and eats everything green!  Clover, weeds, wild parsley, grass, leaves that have fallen off the trees.  If it's in the yard, he thinks he has to eat it.  He also likes bananas.  I cannot have a bananna without having to share with him.  He also LOVES green beans.  He eats them like a kid in MnMs!
Zhanna

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Oh, but the counter-surfing will be next on the list, when they're big enough to jump up and snatch something just like Willow said.  Mine snatched a roast once that was all nice and done and just ready to be eaten by us.  It is a touch one to get them over.  Make sure not to leave anything detrimental on the counter like chocolate or anything like that.  

Those Boxers....................

Nano

1 - 9 of 9 Posts