Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Why do friends do this to you?

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Haileesmom 
#1 ·
Ya know I dont really want another puppy/dog, I dont feel bad that Fiona is a only fur child (well we got the cat too), I can see puppies all day long at work and not put one in my pocket and take it home (did 9 puppy boxer tails yesterday ohhhhh how cute they were), I have not even mentioned anything about looking for anything else.

YET......I have a friend that has some WONDERFUL dogs and guess what.....they had puppies.....and guess what......yep they emailed me last night to see if I may want one......

Okay so they are not boxers......but I love them just the same :)

I said I would think on it for a few days...........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dogue de Bordeaux...........

#4 ·
Sounds like you have some great friends that want to give you something they hold very dear to their hearts.  That doesn't mean their idea of a terrific gift is terrific for you.  ~X(  That's why people should give live animals as pets unless they know that is what someone wants.  Tell them you appreciate their generous offer, but at this time you just can't accept - or take him and send him to me lol - he's adorable!!!

Signed Dear Abby
=))

#5 ·
Kate\";p=\"46319 said:
Sounds like you have some great friends that want to give you
Signed Dear Abby
=))
HAHA....well they ask me if I wanted her but did not say they would "give her to me".....they have alot of money invested in health testing the parents I "think" they generally sell the pups for about $1500-1800, they were offering a nice discount :)

hahaha  Kate.....just send her on to you huh???? :)

#6 ·
Look at that lil smoosh face! Looks like a little old man!  :lol: So smooshy!  :D

#9 ·
Lol Sharon, what is it about well meaning friends huh? That is an adorable puppy, no doubt, bit talk about slobber? Makes a Boxer look neat....Lol...Sure is tough tho resist.....Be strong..... :) And don't let your daughter see this pic either..... :)

#14 ·
That would really be a tough decision, she is a sweetie and it would be hard to say no.  What ever you decide I am sure it will be the right decision for you.

Hooch was one of my favorite movies and last week someone brought a 5 month old one to the dog park.  He was adorable but you could tell he had not been socialized a lot; afraid of all adults but did well with the dogs.  He did really well with their little girl.

#15 ·
aww how cute..thats a tough call..more puppy months..all over again but the face wow...soooooooooo gorgeous that breed is so beautiful !

whatever you decide will im sure be the right thing..:)

#16 ·
Re: Why do friends do this to you? Update!

Well it did not take me long to think about it  :roll: .....I emailed them and told them I was not interested in another pup at this time. They are adorable though that is for sure as pups and adults.  Both the parents are well over 100 pounds.... It is just a bit to much of a dog for me.

#17 ·
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Uh oh!!!  That might be enough to kick me into puppy mode...

I love "Hooch"!!!  The size!  The slobber!  The bottomless pit during meal times! The 140#'s of dog charging you, out of sheer happiness, when you come in the door.  

I love Mastiff's!!!  One of my fave breeds!!!!

#19 ·
I LOVE Dogues de Bordeaux. If i could choose it would be second on the list after a boxer. But yes, the size might be a problem and they don't have as good a reputation as the boxer :? Absolutely beautiful though - especially when they have greeny eyes :D  There's no way i could've refused that pup - he's gorgeous! :D

#24 ·
OMG!!! I LOVE HIM!!! That is going to be the breed of our next baby, we plan on getting a big baby boy! omg i just melted at that picture he is sooo beautiful!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.