Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand this. It's very easy to tell the difference. I was outside with Molly earlier and two ladies were walking down the street and Molly runs out to the curb. One of them stopped in their tracks and freaked out, while Molly ran up to them wagging her tail. They pet her for about a minute. Then as they start to walk away I hear one of them say, "See, I told you not all pit bulls were dangerous". I was thinking, that's true, but she's a boxer not a pit.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahah we all had this convo a few weeks ago...people do the same about Isis ...wow an all white pit with blue eyes..im like shes a boxer stupid !!!!
haha its just people not knowing..sometimes i explain sometimes i dont depends on how they say it and how my days gone

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
no haha itsok...i think it came out through another thread about something else and we all got talking about it...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Iknow what you mean. I have a pit and a boxer. Today I took our pit bull(Nash) to the pet store and a guy came up to me and said thats a beautiful BOXER. I said well he is a Pit bull, my Boxer stayed home today. He actuallu said are you sure thats not a boxer. I had to laugh at it :lol:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
GollyMissMolly\";p=\"34382 said:
I didn't know this topic had just been talked about or I wouldn't have made a new thread. :oops:
I don't know anyone around here that gets uptight about stuff like that...she just meant that you are NOT alone...we've all had that happen...and yes, it's annoying!! Happens to us alot with our White boxer, Mic!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Happens all the time. We vent about it quite often! Sometimes because they've gone so far as to call them boston terriers or "mini boxers" or something weird! I know brindle boxer get confused for pits because of the pattern. BUT TRULY... we all have different shapes, sizes, and colors of boxers on this forum and EVERYONE has at LEAST 3 stories they could share about their boxer being mistaken for pits or some other breed.

THOUGH, I'd rather think a person is ignorant because they called my dog a pit then run into an ignorant person who's stuck up and acts like my boxer is the MOST HORRIBLE THING ON EARTH and should be put to sleep... when he's just sitting there wagging his nub!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i had a person one time ask if i was sure Isis was a boxer and not jsut a big english bulldog..im like huh? whatever that day i was not caring so i jsut laughed..another day if the kids were there and the dogs and the hubby tapping his foot to leave i  might have had a differnt answer hehe...
but we get pit more than anything and often the ones disgusted that i would bring my pit in a public place...*rolling my eyes*

·
Registered
126 Posts
when we got glaicer at 6 weeks everybody thought she was a pit but she was a boxer and (white) to be exact lol and few others thought she was a english bulldog too go figure.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lol Isis is all white too with 2 blue eyes..ive had people ask if its a different breed b/c her eyes were blue..makes me shake my head and laugh b/c if i dont ill say some very not so nice things hahaha..
italiana and from mass..most people guess NYC b/c of the way a talk..i dont hear it but i guess they do lol.."WHATEVA! " HAAHAHAHA

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yes, we feel your frustration...Samson has been confused as being a Bulldog many times..I mean, yea, my boy is a bit stocky, but if you know your breeds(obviously these fools don't), you know the difference between a boxer, a Pit and a Bulldog! People used to cross to the other side of the street when I walked Buck(dark brindle, natural ears) and I got a lot of that when I walked Samson as well....Yea, it pisses me off, so I educate when I can, but most of the time, I blow it off as being sheer ignorance....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
First of all, how can people even think a dog is agressive if its coming at them wagging their little Nub! It has no be the cutest thing ever! If a Pit Bull Came up to me doing that, i would pet it, not run away in horror. Actually, i would probably never do that to a dog, I love all of them. I want to get a shirt that say " Yes i'm sure my dog is a boxer!" and put it on Tink and Mad
stttuuupid people out there lol :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can completely understand!!!  I actually had to vent a week or so ago about taking Jaxon with me to take my son to school.  He's been called a pit and a pug...go figure!  I'm actually amazed now when someone says wow, what a beautiful boxer...I always have to second it with you did say "boxer" right???? LOL  My sheltie always gets called a collie.  I guess we just have to understand that some people just aren't dog people or at least not really that interested in dog breeds.  I would much prefer to be asked what kind of dog is that instead of a guess or assumption.  :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
When i hear things like that, i want to track those people down, and hit them in the forehead! Lol MORONS  :p

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Chance gets called a pit at least once a week. Everytime we go to petsmart someone says ewwww look at that pit bull. Sorry but i dont see a bit of pit in chance. I guess some people are just dumb

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think most people have stereotypes on dogs as much as they do with people.. They think of a breed, and it looks a certain way to them, and thats they ONLY way it looks, as well as people that are just ignorant. Alot of people think about boxers and its immediately a Fawn dog with a black muzzle, pointy ears... Then they see a dog like "I'll use Tinks Maddy for an example" A white dog, white muzzle, with a muscular frame, and they think pit bull. Alot of dogs are generalized into that when folks cant really distinguish what exactly it is. I guess folks dont realize that there are different colors of animals just as much as there are different colors of people.  We're all humans... They are all boxers... I guess for the most part its lack of education, just like people assuming that an actual pit bull is a mean animal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
TamiNChance\";p=\"34571 said:
Chance gets called a pit at least once a week. Everytime we go to petsmart someone says ewwww look at that pit bull. Sorry but i dont see a bit of pit in chance. I guess some people are just dumb
Lol, Next time someone does that, reach down and cover his ears like your protecting a little child from someone cussing, then say to him, cmon boy, lets get away from these retarded people!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts