Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the egg head. =) Lucy had a rounder egg, but Tank has a pointy cone. I didn't even notice the cone at first until I read a thread on differences between a white boxer pup and white pit pup. :")

I'm assuming it's like human babies where heads are just different shapes when born? Was your pup a conehead? :)

Lucy's head:

Tank's head 9 weeks:

11 weeks here:

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
What lovely eggheads! It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it ;)

But seriously, I don't know why the difference in the pointyness of the heads...

Duke still has a bit of an egghead and he's 1! lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so! Maybe he'll figure out to stop peeing in the house. :~p

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Years ago the breeder I got my golden from said that the pointier the head the smarter the dog. LOL.
That's why it's been called a "smart bump"

But I don't think the theory holds any water. Mongo looked like one of the coneheads from saturday night live, but I can assure you he's at the bottom of the learning curve.

:))

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
That's why it's been called a "smart bump"

But I don't think the theory holds any water. Mongo looked like one of the coneheads from saturday night live, but I can assure you he's at the bottom of the learning curve.

:))
honestly, my Golden had a large "Smart bump" and I loved him to death but he wasn't the brightest.

Same thing with Sadie. LOL.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i heard somewhere the size of the 'egg' determines the size of their head when they are grown.. if that is the case, Justice is going to be freaking HUGE.. lol.. and.. he is very smart, but very stubborn..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Lucy is small - only around 50-ish lbs. Tank's dad is 70 lbs and mom is 60+. He's a bigger pup than Lucy was so he will probably be on the bigger side. We will see!

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Valant is 11 and still have remnants of an egghead :lol:

He's indeed a smart pup though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
i heard somewhere the size of the 'egg' determines the size of their head when they are grown.. if that is the case, Justice is going to be freaking HUGE.. lol.. and.. he is very smart, but very stubborn..
I think the two come hand in hand or at least from my experience.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Egg head ? yep Your Tank is a beautiful Boxer with a great head that will only get better.
White or not he most likely had the best confirmation of the whole litter.
Some times it will take almost two years for a complete fill out.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I have always been told, the pointier the head, the wider the skull. I have never heard it be referred to as a smart bump. That's a new one :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
love the pics!

I think the egghead is relatively unique to the breed, from what I've read. I know when I looked at pics of pit bull pups, their heads were flatter and smoother (with smaller ears). I've already had two people ask me if Tank is pitbull so I wanted to learn the differences. I didn't look at other breeds though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts