Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Baby Dutch has a a cone head too and my breeder also told me the same thing on meaning how smart they will b! In his case it's so true! Dutch is super smart and picks up on training very well. He is 8 months now and was potty trained by @ 2 months! We r in the process of preparing g and training him for agility competitions as he can't compete thru AKC til at least a year! I love this breed!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sally had a whopper of an egghead, she still has one only now (at 13 months) it is more towards the back of her head, but heck she still knows how to use it! i keep copping it to the eye/head/knee she puts her head down and charges! She does like to have it scratched!

I was also told that it has to do with how wide her head would be. She has a pretty wide head, she comes from Euro lines so the chunky head/everything was a given!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Aww ^ looks like my Lucy. :) All of these dogs are so cute! My next will be brindle. :)

Maybe there is something to width of the head. Tank's dad is a thick, very muscular boy with a wide square head. Interesting topic!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious about the egg head. =) Lucy had a rounder egg, but Tank has a pointy cone. I didn't even notice the cone at first until I read a thread on differences between a white boxer pup and white pit pup. :")

I'm assuming it's like human babies where heads are just different shapes when born? Was your pup a conehead? :)

Lucy's head:

Tank's head 9 weeks:

11 weeks here:
Mine learned to hold food on his nose at 3 months and hunts deer and is only about 10 months he turns 1yr in July

21 - 26 of 26 Posts