Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't see anything, so I apologize if I missed somethig...  But why do some white boxers have spots?  Porter has several spots and my stupid neighbor saw us on a walk and was all "oh, you got a boxer/dalmation mix, how nice."  The vet said he's purebred, as did the people I got him from.  Plus i have seen other whites with spots...  Thanks in advance.   :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
uhmm Isis is pure bred and peep her WET fur picture below...shes 6 yrs old..and FULL OF SPOTS hehe

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just pigmentation in the skin... Delilah has gotten more spots as she gets older.
Flashy colored boxers also have spots on their white patches sometimes too :)

I'm gotten the dalmation comment too... bah.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ok maybe stupid question...I have had the same comment walking these two.  But the last lasy that came up to me said something about spots mean there is German in the blood.  Is this true?  I could not find anything to support this.  Sorry Laura I don't mean to take the thread over.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Err....Not just the whites!  :lol:  Just pigmentation!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh...and I've noticed the older they get, the more "age" spots they get!  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Cheryl, I have never heard about the "German" thing, I know Angel & Flick's pedigrees and there are no German's in their lines, so I think that lady may be wrong on that..Angel has a ton of spots on her belly as well...It's just  with our Whiteys they just show up more :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I thought it was because my bf is a fire fighter and Lola REALLY wants to go to work with him everyday so she's pretending to be a dalmation :wink:

Guess I was wrong :oops:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alicia\";p=\"117093 said:
I thought it was because my bf is a fire fighter and Lola REALLY wants to go to work with him everyday so she's pretending to be a dalmation :wink:

Guess I was wrong :oops:
HA HA HA!!!  That's funny Alicia!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Personally, I love the spots (and firemen)!! It seems as if Gus' spots on his white chest came over night!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lmao Isis had a choice few 2 yrs ago now look at her...hahaha they have crept up everywhere !!! i dont think its german thing..too many of our boxers have the spots that get bigger and actually join together with age...

its cute.. :D sorry i didnt post it was pigmentation in the skin in my first post... :roll: im the blonde in the group hahaha naww i have been super busy this week and my mind is mush

1 - 16 of 16 Posts