Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i stated before Reese has started to play with her food rather than eat it. I have attached a few pics of exactly how skinny she is. I caved today and added yogurt to her food and she licked the bowl clean. She hadnt eatin but maybe a cup per day for the last two days. I knew she would drop some weight since she has the yard now and is out and running more, but i didnt think it would be like this.. Sorry if the pics arent in the best lighting

G

·
0 Posts
That's about what Bo has looked like (actually Bo has been worse!) since we got him...he just won't gain weight, lol

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah i dont know if you all remember or not but awhile back i posted pics of Chance and he was really bad.....i was worried sick

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm in the same boat with Templeton.  We finally got his health issues under control (at least we hope so) but Templeton still hasn't gained back any weight.  He dropped almost 10lbs and is quite ribby which makes me quite concerned, but at least now he gobbles down his food!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
She's thin, but She has the same birds eye view shape as Jetta, but I could see how she could get too thin.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am not sure on the thiness but wanted to comment on Reese's coloring. What a beautiful coat. That birds eye view makes her look mahogany. Very pretty

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
She doesn't really look all that thin to me.  But I too can see why you are inticing her to eat now.  Sometimes younger dogs go thru a stage and I did have one with that same type of eating habit during her first 1 1/2 years.  Good luck.

Nano

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I have to agree that she does not look to thin...but you dont want her to keep getting smaller....You know they all seem to go throough growing spurts and eat better then other times....She may also just be holding out and breaking you down to give her a little something more then kibble :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
She really doesn't look that skinny to me either. I can't really see any hip or spine, maybe it's just the pics? She does look thin, but not malnourished or anything like that. I would just up her food a bit, and if she seems to enjoy it better with the yogurt than that's how I would feed it to her. BTW...her coat is gorgeous, super glossy and shiny!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A wee bit to thin perhaps, but boy does she have a glossy coat! The additional exercise could be part of it Andrea, so an extra snack may be a good thing...It very well could be that she has a high metbalism and just burns up calories quick..Angel has that nice curve as well, and the vet actually told me she could stand to lose a few pounds  8O She only weighs 53 lbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts