Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toddler Found on Pavement with Family Dog at 4.30am

WEST VIEW, Pa. -- A 3-year-old quietly escaped his West View house through a newly installed doggy door at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The parents of the child said they woke up to find their child and boxer on the sidewalk of their Cornell Street home.
Authorities said the boxer decided to go for an early morning stroll, and the inquisitive child decided to tag along

Police said the toddler followed the dog out of the doggie hole to the back yard and then around to the front of the home where a passerby noticed and called police. Police said they awakened the child's parents, who were sound asleep.  There is no word on how long the child was outside, but he did not suffer any injuries.

Only a Boxer!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow! That's scary and a bit funny at the same time! Thank goodness she was safe and that boxer took care of her!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
WOW that would be terrifying for the parents!  Makes me wonder how they got out of the backyard in the first place.  If I had a doggie door, I'd make sure the gates and exits were locked so my boxer didn't disappear not to mention the child.  I'm so glad the story has a happy ending, but gesh that's scarey!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yikes! That's why when we fence I am making sure the gates have locks on them so nothing like that can happen....Glad nothing bad happened....

·
Registered
352 Posts
my step brother and his wife had this happen once.  mind you they were very young when they had they're son (18) and probably left something unchecked.  anywho, the baby had just figured out how to get out of the crib (i cannot remember how old her was--1.5, 2??) and somehow got outside.  well, they had a rottweiler (who we took in when they moved and was the sweetest, most protective and nurturing dog ever!!) at the time and she went with him to protect him.  they woke up, freaked out and almost immediately got a call from a neighbor who saw them but was too scared to approach them.  they had just been walking down the street (dog on the street side so the kid couldn't get too far onto the pavement.  

she was such a good dog...  :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well I'm glad they didn't make it out as the boxer doing something wrong, like most other stories I hear lately.

'Boxer dog pressures child into running away from home, news at 11'

·
Registered
352 Posts
[quote="Zhanna\";p=\"31160":3lsxxln5][quote="hgar78\";p=\"31103":3lsxxln5] the baby had just figured out how to get out of the crib ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts