·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.:dontgetit:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I find from my own experiences you have a better chance of getting a hold of them by phone. Some breeders just can't find the time to get on a computer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hold on it's morning. I had a brain fart and thought you were asking me that. sorry:dontgetit:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Definitely phone them, they rarely check their websites but often always answer the phone. Breeders love their dogs too so they are great to speak with!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A lot of breeders work outside the home, too, and are busy with the dogs in the evenings. I'm rarely able to answer the phone and I get hundreds of e-mails a day (literally), so it's tough for me to get back in touch with everyone in anything even resembling a timely fashion. E-mail is definitely a better mode of contact, because I can answer at the wee hours of the morning, but even then things get lost. I do have a puppy application on my site and try to make it very clear, a couple of ways, that I will not answer every application and if I don't have puppies available or coming -- which is most of the time -- I have a few pages on my site they can continue to check for updates or referrals.

It also depends on the nature of the contact, too. If I get a phone call or e-mail asking how much my puppies are and nothing else, I generally don't reply. (Again, I'm clear on my website and voice mail that I don't have any puppies; if they can't bother to even listen to that much they're probably just mass-contacting every breeder in the area looking for the cheapest puppies.) A long, thorough e-mail gets my attention but might take longer for a reply, because I need to set aside time to write a quality response.

I can see how a lack of response might lead someone to go to a classifieds site -- but then again, those are the people that probably wouldn't get one of my puppies anyway. I don't want to sell a puppy to someone who is looking for a puppy, any puppy, as long as the price is right and they're available now. I want to sell a puppy to someone who knows the breed, has researched breeders, and has contacted me because they think that what I do with my breeding fits with what they want from a breeder.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I was just too impatient ( which I tend to be) as I had a breeder contact who has what I am looking for.It will be a wait but in this case I will be patient as it wil be worth it. :clap2:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I guess I was just too impatient ( which I tend to be) as I had a breeder contact who has what I am looking for.It will be a wait but in this case I will be patient as it wil be worth it
This is music to my ears. (assuming here that the breeder you are speaking of is breeding responsibly... health testing and generally breeding to better the breed) If only more people would be willing to make an effort to research, get references, talk to breeders and wait whatever time it takes to get a healthy pup and though it isn't a guarantee, your odds of a happy, healthy pup is greatly increased and will be well worth the wait, not to mention that by supporting responsible breeders, you are NOT lining the pockets of irresponsible breeders! It seems most people spend more time researching a new phone or camera than a new additon to the family...Good for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts